1 RAR

"Over here!" Mom cheered and waved her hands at me playfully. I strolled over to her with a smile and raised my camera to take a picture. "This fountain is beautiful!" She exclaimed and sat in front of the tall wishing fountain, on one of the stone benches that surrounded it.

I took a few pictures of her as she leaned back, letting the soft wind blow through her hair. She put her hand in the water, and brought her arm up making a small splash before giggling. I rolled my eyes at her and chuckled. She was so childish sometimes. "Mom hold still," I raised my camera again and zoomed in to focus. "This is going to be a nice photo."

"It was such a great idea for us to take a walk like this!" Mom stretched her legs out. "But I'm tired now."

I took a few more pictures and lowered the camera to see how they looked. I noticed that there person in the corner of the photo, and looked up to see who the culprit who photobombed was.

It was that familiar man I met last year. He was sitting on a bench on the other side of the fountain, casually flipping through his pages of his book. I noticed he was also wearing that same black hoodie, and it seems the blue streaks in his hair had faded.

Ever since my discharge from the hospital a year ago, from the time I bumped into him, I kept seeing him around this area of our city. He looked so much like Cai. I clenched my fists and took a deep breathe to get rid of the thought.

I looked back at my camera and made the decision to crop him out. I didn't want to remember anything about that crazy dream I had. I was still flabbergasted at the fact that I was in love with a made up man.

I was already in my 4th year of University, and I felt that letting my emotions get the better of me would cause some serious damage to my grades. I needed to get myself together. The semester was drawing too close to an end for me to be getting worked up like this.

"Charlie," My moms voice snapped me out of my thoughts. I brought my head up to look at her. She pointed behind me. "Isn't that the bookstore you told me they were renovating?"

"Yeah." I nodded. It took them long enough. I wasn't sure why they turned the old library into a bookstore. It felt like they served the same purpose, the only difference was that money was being exchanged instead of a library card ID.

"I guess it's going to make it harder for you to get study materials?" Mom frowned.

"A little," I let the camera hand by the lanyard on my neck and crossed my arms. "But I got a job at a Photography gallery not too far from here. It should help me cover some bills."

My new place of work was a part time role that paid a decent amount, just enough to cover rent, bills, a few basic necessities and just a bit extra that I chose to use on my studies. Sadly, recreation wasn't that much of an option.

"Sweetie," Mom hummed. I glanced back at her. "I'm going to get ready to go home. My feet are sore."

"Do you need me to get you a cab?" I asked, and offered her my hand. She took it and I helped her stand up.

"No, I'm going to take the bus." She sighed, and brought me into her arms for a hug. "I'll see you. Make sure to call me when you get home." She narrowed her eyes and pointed at me. "I'm serious, Charlotte."

I rolled my eyes in annoyance. I knew she was trying to make sure I was safe, but I was 24 years old. I think I'm old enough and capable to handle myself. "Okay mom. Bye!"

When she left I turned around and hesitatingly brought my attention back to where the guy was. He was gone. I pouted, turned on my heel and made my way home.