10 - Jake

I felt myself flushing a little. She likes me? That cold, stiff, icicle that was my heart melted just a little bit, and a slow smile spread across my face. I remembered before that she had defended me to Jessy and said she liked me back then, but I had brushed it off with an excuse to myself.

That little red heart she put when she asked me to tell her my name...before I knew what I was doing, my hands flew across the keys and I hit enter. What? Why did I do that? I put my head across my forearm. No, no, no.

And then she asked me the oddest question: Was I relieved that she knew my name? Yes and no. It felt good to connect with someone like this after so long. But it also was a big risk to give anyone any personal information.

She said I could trust her, and I wanted to believe that. I knew I should log off again, but I couldn't bring myself to leave the conversation. Out of the blue, my fingers went on autopilot, and asked her if she was dating someone.

Good grief, I was just making this worse! I could not decide if it was my brain that asked that question or something in my pants...Regardless, I felt relief when she said she wasn't dating anyone. Only to feel flustered once more when she asked point-blank if I liked her.

I replied that I found her fascinating. Fascinating? What an eloquent response. I am so fortunate that my 178 IQ is showing through. Time to make a quick exit. I actually was already blushing.

I couldn't help the smirk on my face as I logged off. Jayna was quite fascinating indeed. I became more intrigued by her every day. I told myself it was just a harmless conversation, but I am not sure I believed it.