𝒊𝒊. Lady Wife

╔═════๑♡๑═════╗
CHAPTER TWO
╚═════๑♡๑═════╝

AENORA WAS WOKEN BY THE BRIGHT morning sun that was beaming onto her face

AENORA WAS WOKEN BY THE BRIGHT morning sun that was beaming onto her face. The sun heated her face slightly, she enjoyed the feeling. Through her windows she peered out into the blue sky. Aenora loved mornings. In the mornings she felt a sense of calmness she couldn't find at any other time.

Aenora stretched her arms and rubbed her eyes before sitting up in her bed.

"Finally. You're awake," a voice spoke.

Aenora recognized the voice without having to turn her head to see where it came from. She smiled slightly. It was Daemons voice. She hadn't heard his voice in awhile, considering before she and Viserys had accepted his proposal he had been avoiding all small council meetings.

"Daemon, what're you doing here?" Aenora asked.

Daemon had gotten up from the chair he had been sitting in for who knows how long and sat at the edge of Aenoras bed.

"I wanted to see my soon to be lady wife," he replied.

Aenora was still hadn't fully processed the fact that she was soon to be a wife. Daemons wife to be exact. She was clear on how she felt about the idea, but until now it was only an idea and not reality. Him saying that made her realize it was in fact not just an idea.

"You avoid me for months because of a quarrel you have with my father, then ask for my hand. I probably already know the answer but I'd like to hear it from you to confirm."

Daemon looked at the girl, who he thought was undeniably beautiful. Even though she had just woken up with her hair all tangled and still in her night gown, she was still gorgeous in his eyes. He thought that if anyone felt any different, they were mad.

He rolled his eyes. He knew what she thought. He knew that she thought it was completely political, even though he had shown her affection. Aenora was almost as stubborn as himself, he was certain.

Daemon was well aware of what kind of person he was and understood why she thought what she did. But, for him it wasn't political. Of course, ideas crossed his mind, but he didn't want her for the throne. He simply just wanted her. He had loved her for who she was, simple as that. He was attracted to how different she was from him. Aenora was what he wished he could be.

"You're wrong," he said blatantly. "I didn't ask your father for your hand because I want that hideous throne, Aenora. I asked because I want to be your husband. There is an attraction between us and you know that."

Aenora looked up at the ceiling.

"My father only agreed to your proposal to please you. You know that right?" Aenora chuckled.

"I'm aware. He thought that it would bring us all closer, I agreed so that he'd accept." Daemon smirked. He had no intent on becoming any closer with Viserys, only with Aenora. When Viserys named him commander of the City Watch it was like a slap in the face, especially after he thought he'd be Hand.