𝒙𝒙𝒙𝒊𝒙. Return Of The Heir

╔═════════๑♡๑═════════╗
CHAPTER THIRTY NINE
╚═════════๑♡๑═════════╝

THE GREEN AND BLACK SCALES OF VYR were quickly recognized as he flew over the Red Keep, announcing Aenoras return

Three other dragons almost as large as Vyr flew behind Aenora. Max's dragon, Vyraxes, the pure black dragon, named after both of his parents dragons. Alex's dragon, Bluefyre, named for his dark blue color. And Aevas dragon, Ajax, the red dragon with horns so sharp they could cut you at the slightest touch.

Aenora and Vyr led the others to the opening behind the carriages that held the rest of their family.

Before joining the others she caressed Vyr's head. Sometimes, she could only find comfort with him. He was their for her at the beginning of her life and she knew he'd be there at the end of it. That was the only thing she had and ever will be sure of.

"Princess Aenora, it is lovely to see you." Lord Caswell greeted.

Aenora intertwined her and Daemons hands, "Lord Caswell."

"If we were to know that you were bringing your dragons, we would've informed the dragon keepers." Lord Caswell said.

"There would've been no need. I no longer believe in keeping dragons in pits, Lord." Aenora said as she turned her head to watch Vyr, Vyraxes, Bluefyre, and Ajax take off into the sky.

The Princess said nothing more to Caswell before walking past him and into the castle.

Aenora walked slowly with Daemon at her side and Rhaenyra behind them. To put it simply, all three of the Targaryens were a little taken back by the new design of the Red Keep.

There was a large symbol of the Faith of The Seven placed right in the center of the main hall.

"I would say it's nice to be home, but I scarcely recognize it." Rhaenyra stated.

"I don't know if it's the heavily placed Faith of The Seven sigils or the fact that I haven't been here in years, but it doesn't feel like home anymore." Aenora sighed.

Daemon pulled her gently to keep her walking instead of thinking about both the past and present of her home. He knew it would only upset her.

Aenora didn't let the new scenery of the castle bother her, simply because it's only material. But, the fact that she could no longer feel her mothers presence tugged at her heart. Though, she knew Aemma would live on in memory in her heart. It was just sad that she no longer had a place that reminded her of her mother.

When the three arrived at Viserys' chamber door, they were greeted with the sound of coughing.

Aenora was told of her fathers failing health, but she could not bring her to see it for herself just yet.