𝒙𝒙𝒙𝒗𝒊𝒊𝒊. Discussions

╔═════════๑♡๑═════════╗
CHAPTER THIRTY EIGHT
╚═════════๑♡๑═════════╝

FOOTSTEPS AGAINST THE STONE FLOOR filled the long hall as Aenora, Daemon, Lydia, and Emely walked towards the dining hall

To say Lydia and Emely were happy about having their friend back would be an understatement. Especially for Lydia. From the moment she found out Aenora had broken her silence, she was filled with excitement. Her best friend had returned.

Unlike Emely, Lydia never lost hope. Though, Lydia understood why Emely didn't think Aenora would ever be herself again. Six years is a long time. Of course, Lydia and Emely knew it would take longer than a few weeks or months for Aenora to fully be who she once was, that's if she'd ever return to that version of herself.

The two were just happy she was communicating again.

"Lydia, Em tell the others will be there in a few moments. I have something I need to discuss with my husband," Aenora told the two.

"Of course," Lydia nodded her head.

Aenora waited until the door was complete closed before she turned to Daemon and smiled.

Daemon admired his wife. How he missed her bright eyes and smile of excitement.

"My love," Aenora said in a low voice.

Daemon didn't say a thing as he snaked his hands behind her back pulling her closer to him.

Aenora gave him a quick kiss, "I must tell you something."

"Tell me," Daemon said.

"Once we get to King's Landing tomorrow, I plan to offer a marriage between Max and Baela to Rhaenys." It was as if Daemon was too mesmerized by Aenora to even care about what she had said, and she knew that. She took advantage of the moment and continued to speak, "and Nyra and I also plan to wed Luke to Aedith."

Daemon narrowed his eyes at her, "What?"

Aenora chuckled at his reaction, "I don't want to fight you on this Daemon. I think they're good matches."

"Max and Baela yes, but Aedith? Why not Aeva and Luke?" Daemon questioned.

Aenora rolled her eyes. She loved how protective Daemon was, but he didn't suggest that out of protectiveness. He suggested it so that Aeva wouldn't marry Aemond.

"You know why we can't do that to Aeva," Aenora said.

"Nora, I love you, but no. She is my youngest child. I will always see her as the fragile little girl who used to kick my head and call me 'Daemon'," Daemon shook his head.

Aenora placed her hands on either sides of his face before she spoke in Valyrian, "we must allow them to grow and flourish. We may see them as babes who once depended on us, but they have their own lives to live."

Daemon sighed in defeat. He couldn't say no to her no matter how much he wanted to, especially now because she's right. He let go of Rhaemax and Jaelyx the first time they knocked him down while training. He let go of Aeva when she won an argument against him. He started to let go of Rhaenelle and Daemian simply because they've proved their independent.

Of course, this didn't mean he stopped protecting them or parenting them. Daemon simply let them make their own decisions and learn on their own. Whenever they needed him he was there.

Aedith was his youngest daughter and the child he parented the most. He didn't think she'd be the first daughter he'd marry off.

"I suppose you're going to announce this tonight?" Daemon asked.

Aenora beamed up at him, giving him the answer to his question.

Daemon kissed Aenoras forehead, "Glad to know that hasn't changed."

"What hasn't changed?" Aenora tilted her head.

"Whatever the Princess wants, the Princess gets." Daemon stated as he began walking.

Aenora gave a small chuckle before following him into the dining hall.

When they entered everyone was deep into their own conversations to notice, except for Jaelyx. Once he saw his mother and father he set his cup down, loud enough to where the others heard and stopped their conversations. Everyone aside from Daemian, who was still unsure of his mother, smiled at Aenora and Daemon.

Aenora took a seat next to Rhaenyra and Daemon next to his wife.

"Before we eat, your mothers both have something to announce to you all." Daemon said as he looked at Aenora and Rhaenyra.

Aenora and Rhaenyra smiled at one another.

"Tomorrow, I am going to propose a betrothal between Max and Baela to Rhaenys." Aenora looked at her eldest son.

Rhaemax was a little surprised, but he didn't object. Honestly, he was more surprised that he wasn't betrothed to someone sooner. And just as Aenora said, Baela was beautiful and Rhaemax wouldn't disagree.

Rhaenyra cleared her throat, "Then sometime after that, I am also going to suggest a marriage between Jace and Rhaena."

Jacaerys smiled happily. Same as Rhaemax, he didn't object to the match.

Neither Nora or Nyra felt the need to explain why they were going to suggest these betrothals. Everyone knew that Vaemond Velaryon was going to contest Jacaerys' claim to Driftmark, and the sisters thought it to be obvious.

"And as for Luke and Aedith,.." Rhaenyra turned to her sister.

Aenora continued, "You two are to be wed."

Aedith and Luke looked at their mothers before turning to each other and smiling. They had grown close over the years, and often spoke of marriage. Though, Luke was a little intimidated by Daemon he'd do anything for her.

Jaelyx stifled a laugh, he had seen his father roll his eyes and try to cover it with his cup.

"And what of me?" Aeva questioned.

Everyone immediately knew what she was implying. And although, Aemond told her Alicent had already betrothed the two, there was no discussion of it between Alicent and Aenora.

"No," Daemon quickly replied.

Aenora nudged him with her elbow before giving her daughter an awkward smile, "We shall see."

Jaelyx, Daemian, and Rhaenelle glanced between themselves. Aenora loved her siblings, that was for sure but Aenora did not like Alicent. They knew it was highly unlikely that Aenora, or Daemon, would agree to that arrangement.

There was no more talk of marriage for the rest of the evening. Instead, the family talked about all things Aenora missed. Hearing of how all of her children and nephews grew was, in a way, healing.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

AUTHORS NOTE

just a filler chapter that was written horribly lol, sorry i literally haven't slept in 24 hours.. yeah idk. i might rewrite this chapter after i wake up tmr but it's unlikely so just enjoy it LMAO. anyways i'm working on another HoTD fic, and i'm liking how it's coming together.

as always, remember to drink water.
have a goodnight, or good day! <3