𝒙𝒊. Lord Corlys

╔═════๑♡๑═════╗
CHAPTER ELEVEN
╚═════๑♡๑═════╝

AS AENORA WALKED IN THE CHAMBER the guard had led her to, she was met with the familiar voice that belong to Lord Corlys Velaryon

AS AENORA WALKED IN THE CHAMBER the guard had led her to, she was met with the familiar voice that belong to Lord Corlys Velaryon. Confusion hit her. She immediately wondered why Corlys was here on Dragonstone, when he should be in Kings Landing planning for a wedding. 

Aenora walked around the large column and smiled at the men, "Daemon, Corlys."

Both men stood up from their chairs, Daemon taking his lady-wife hand and kissing it.

"Princess," Corlys said. "I heard the news of your twins boys from Daemon. Congratulations," he  smiled.

"Thank you, Lord Corlys. I suppose I should congratulate you as well. I heard my father and your daughter, Laena, are to be engaged." Aenora said. She still didn't know if it were true or not, which was why said that, to find out.

Corlys became quiet and looked to the ground.

"Or not?" She looked at Daemon, in which he shook his head.

"I am afraid not. King Viserys did not accept my proposal, instead he is marrying Alicent Hightower." Corlys said, anger hinting in his voice.

Corlys's words made Aenora's heart sink and her fists clench. At first she felt sadness because her father was taking another wife. It was too soon in her opinion. Then she felt anger and hatred, anger towards her father and hate for Alicent. Out of all the people in the world he chose the one girl that irritated the entirety of her soul. Gods, she felt terrible, especially for Rhaenyra. He was marrying her best friend, that had to have been hard to hear.

Daemon grabbed a hold of Aenora's hand and held it so that she wouldn't dig her nails into her hands and hurt herself. He rubbed the back of her hand with his thumb in attempt to calm her.

"He's marrying that wretched bitch?" Aenora asked, harshly.

Daemon had to cover his smile with his free hand. He found it quite amusing listening to his wife speak in such a manner. He knew well of Aenora's animosity towards the Hightower girl. He didn't like Alicent either. When Aenora disliked someone or something, Daemon hated that someone or something.

"Yes. Unfortunately, he is, Princess." Corlys answered.

"This has to be Ottos doing," Aenora shook her head.

"Of course it is. If anyones more ambitious than me, its him." Daemon said.

Both Daemon and Aenora thought the same of Otto Hightower. They knew he liked to act as if her were a good and true man, but deep down he only did anything to benefit himself. They also knew Viserys was aware of this but chose to lie to himself.

"But enough about them. I'm sure you're here to speak of something else, Lord Corlys?" Aenora inquired.

Corlys became silent for a moment as he thought.