𝒙𝒍𝒊𝒊𝒊. A Babe Without A Cry

╔═════════๑♡๑═════════╗
CHAPTER FORTY THREE
╚═════════๑♡๑═════════╝

╔═════════๑♡๑═════════╗CHAPTER FORTY THREE╚═════════๑♡๑═════════╝

BAD DREAMS WERE A THING AENORA
new quite well. It was rare for them to ever hold any truth. But last night, the night of the dinner, when she went to sleep she had a dream that she knew was more than just a dream.

The King is dead.

Her father is dead.

The woman shed tears nor did she tell anyone. She refused to accept it, and she wouldn't until the message came from Kings Landing.

Aenora stood on the balcony, looking out into the ocean. In her mind she was begging herself for some sort of answer as to what she might do. But not one answer came.

"Nora," Lydia said in a worrisome tone. "You sister has began her labor."

Aenora turned to face Lydia, confusion and shock clear on her face.

"Isn't it too early?" she asked.

Lydia nodded, "she first started bleeding."

Aenoras heart sank in her chest. She was not hesitant to run passed Lydia and through the castle.

It didn't take long for her to find Rhaenyra, she followed the sounds of her screams of agony.

Aenora stopped at the threshold of the chamber. It looked like a slaughter house. There were trails of blood, blood stained sheets and cushions, and bloodied rags everywhere.

The maester and mid-wives all stood gathered, but not near Rhaenyra. Aenora spotted her sisters foot behind a chair.

Quickly, Aenora went to her sister.

"Why aren't you helping her?" Aenora yelled.

One of the mid-wives looked at her.

"She isn't letting us, Princess." The woman said.

Aenora knelt down next to Rhaenyra, "Sister, let them help you."

Rhaenyra gritted her teeth and shook her head.

"Then let me help you," Aenora said as she grabbed a clean rag and wiped the sweat from her sisters head.

Rhaenyra looked at her older sister with teary eyes and gave her a nod.

Aenora helped her sister get up from the stone floor and to the bed. She sat herself in front of her sisters legs and lifted her gown. She saw that the babe was not yet crowning, but blood was pouring out.

She grabbed another rag and soaked up as much of the blood as she could.

"Push Nyra," Aenora looked up at her sister.