7. welcome to my house

You perked up from the book you were barely reading; the doorbell downstairs catching your attention

Having finished getting ready earlier, you found yourself with extra time; currently engrossed in a random piece from your favorite author.

With a quick check in the mirror to make sure you were looking presentable, and a swift application of lipgloss, you hurried downstairs.

A hint of nervousness lingered in your stomach. It wasn't complete anxiety, but inviting someone new into the most private space of your life was always a bit scary, right?

Swinging the door open, you fixated your eyes on a familiar red-haired nerd. Kyle. Standing there with a relaxed demeanour, and a smile upon seeing you, there were books clad in his arms. He looked attractive. As per usual.

Meeting his eyes, you reciprocated the smile. In his presence, your worries seemed to wash away like seaweed on sand.

You didn't even know why you were so nervous, especially considering you'd seen him earlier in the cafeteria. It wasn't like this was your first tutoring lesson either. You almost laughed, recalling just how nervous you really were then.

"Hey, come in." You said, ushering him inside your spacious house. A gesture he gratefully accepted.

"Thanks. Wow, it's so warm." He gushed, glancing around your foyer. "And ...huge."

The urge to reply with 'that's what she said' was strong, but you held back with a grin.
Damn. You'd been spending too much time around Jimmy lately.

"Yeah, it's quite a miracle i don't get lost everyday."

"I wouldn't mind getting lost if I lived here. Seriously, your house is beautiful." Kyle was slightly nervous about being in here.

Since, he agreed. This was indefinitely, a next step in your friendship. It was a huge step in general, and it just proved how much the two of you have grown since your first interaction. Relationship wise.

"So i've been told." You chuckled. It was true. Not to seem non-humble, but this was honestly nothing you hadn't heard before.

"Care for a drink? I've got water, soda, tea and my coffee is absolutely amazing. Believe me."

"Why should I?" He replied with a playful smirk.

Kyle seemed to have a bit of a tongue on him today. You recalled your earlier banter at the lunch table.

This probably meant he was feeling more comfortable around you. That thought making you happy.

"Because I'm cute?" You shrugged. Hey, that response always worked for Paris Hilton.

"Yeah. You're lucky you are." He chuckled, surprising you with his agreement. Huh. So Kyle thought you were cute.

"You can always try my coffee too, though, the option is always there."