21. glad you came

The gym buzzed with excitement as the crowd filled the inside-bleachers

The gym buzzed with excitement as the crowd filled the inside-bleachers. The starting lineup was announced, and the crowd erupted in cheers as the players stepped onto the court.

After months of talking about it, it was finally basketball season. You joined in on all the excitement, cheering yourself, before feeling your breath hitch upon seeing Kyle walk in.

His presence was magnetic, and the anticipation was palpable. He was adorned in the green and black basketball uniform, and truth be told, he looked as dashing as ever in it.

But what really got you, was the fact that his red curls were pulled back into a small unkempt ponytail.

"Woah, Kyle isn't wearing his hat." Bebe commented from next to you, as if she could read your mind. It was pretty hard to hear her amongst everyone screaming with joy.

"I know." You murmured back, feeling your throat go dry at simply the sight.

"Sexy, eh?" She grinned, nudging your side.

"Oh, grow up." You scoffed, feeling your face start to warm with embarrassment. "He does not look..."

Your eyes slowly dipped back down to the court, at Kyle, who was currently stretching a very toned arm over his chest. Catching his gaze, the corners of his lips lifted ever so slightly, at you.

"...Okay, yeah, he looks sexy." You admitted, adverting your gaze to pull out your water bottle. Your throat was getting very parched.

Bebe smirked. "I knew it."

"It's kind of weird to me. Seeing Kyle without his hat is like seeing Finn from Adventure Time without his hat. Weird, right?" Nichole chimed in.

You just laughed at her totally random comparison. You supposed it was kind of unusual, but you guessed everyone had just grown used to seeing it on his head all the time.

"When is this shit show going to start?" You all overheard Cartman grumble from the seats above you.

"Shut up, Cartman." Wendy simply retorted, but she didn't seem to be much interested herself, as she was more busied with reading a book than on watching the players.

"Don't tell me to fucking shut up, Wendy!" He shouted back. She just rolled her eyes.

"Hey! I'm pretty sure it's soon, Eric. Just chill." You tried to calm the oversized toddler, only to get some angry muttering in response. You didn't really care, though. Nothing could tear your attention away from the game that was about to begin.

The bleachers began to quiet down, intently watching what was about to go down. You didn't have much knowledge about basketball yourself, but that didn't stop you from being equally as invested.

Bebe clutched onto your arm in excitement, squealing as quietly as she could with Nichole alongside her. Wendy still seemed more interested in her book. Talk about the real main character.