Chapter 49

Enjoy Reading...

*************************

Ruhaan Pov

I smile as I see her happily eating her ice cream like an excited child. She is eating so messily yet looking so cute with ice cream around her lips and on her nose. She looks delicious to my eyes, and I really feel like eating her. Shaking my head at her, I look ahead on the road and drive home.

Stop the car on the porch. I was about to tell Siya to get down, but I stopped seeing her sleeping with her head tilted to the left and an empty tub of ice cream on her lap. After removing the seatbelt, I opened my side of the door and slowly closed it. Going towards her side, I opened the door and removed her seatbelt, then took the file and her handbag and put them on her lap after throwing the empty ice cream tub.

I pick her up in my arms, making her flinch in her sleep. She stirs in her sleep while murmuring, "My chocolate ice cream, hmm, two... nhi, four...big tubs...Ruhaan Ji." I roll my eyes at her obsession with ice cream.

As soon as I enter the living room, Ma sees us. She looked at sleeping Siya in fear and worry, and then at me. "She's just sleeping, Ma," she let out a small 'oh!' and then smiled at us lovingly and took our Valaye, then dramatically wiped her fake tear, showing her happiness.

"Stop being dramatic, Ma. Don't behave like Vi." I told her, but she just ignored me, waving her hand in the air and saying, "Stop teaching me; I am your mother, mister. I am just really happy for both of you, and now don't just stand here; go put her on the bed." She said she was shooing me away.

I entered our room and slowly put her on the bed, then put her handbag and file on the table before going for a shower. After wearing my maroon t-shirt and black pyjamas, I enter the room while rubbing my hair to dry with a towel.

When I was busy drying my hair, I heard a slow whisper from Siya's side. I turned around to look at her. She was murmuring in her sleep and constantly moving her body. I put the towel aside and walked towards her sleeping form. She suddenly holds the bed sheet tightly in her fist and lets out a painful groan as a tear escapes her eye.

I got scared looking at her like that and shook her body lightly to wake her up from her nightmare. But instead of waking up, she held my hand tightly in her grip and cried in pain. "Siya, wake up. It is just a nightmare. Come on, you are hearing me, right?" I said while tapping her cheeks, but she didn't wake up.

Her facial expression shows she is in pain, as her eyes are tightly closed and she winces in pain. Her breath comes out heavily, and she tightens her hold on my hand. "Siya!! Wake up, don't scare me." I got panicky seeing her like this.

She opens her teary eyes while breathing heavily, looking at me with a fearful face, and then, after some time, she takes a deep, long breath, closing her eyes for a second. She sat on the bed and quickly hugged me. I stroked her back to calm her down.

"Don't be scared, Siya. It was just a nightmare," I whisper as I pull out of the hug and hold her face between my palms. "Want to share with me?" She shook her head as she said "no," and she started sobbing as I finished. I feel pain in my heart seeing her tears flow nonstop. "Are you feeling pain anywhere?" "No," she whispers in her crying voice. "I just got scared," she said, looking into my eyes with her big, teary eyes.

"Shhh! Hey, don't cry. You know, you are looking like a joker with your red little nose," I joke, trying to light up her mood while wiping her tears from her cheek and lightly touching her nose, making her smile lightly as she hides her face in my chest and sniffs. I wrap my arm around her and gently start stroking her back. After a while, I feel her whole body weight on my shoulder and her light snores. I look down at her face to see her sleeping peacefully and her small hands tightly fisting my t-shirt on my chest. I smile at her, as if she were showing her right side to me.