Chapter 58

Enjoy Reading...

***********************

Siya Pov

I was sobbing while hugging Ma, and Ma was rubbing my back to calm me down.

"Shhhh. Mera bachcha, see, we are all here. Don't worry, shhh. Now stop crying, baby," Momma whispered softly as I hid my face in her neck. I got overwhelmed by seeing everyone and was unable to control my emotions. "Don't cry, Siya; think about your health, Beta," Ma said, kissing my head.

Ma pulled back and held my red, tired face in her palms. Wiping tears from my face, she places a kiss on my forehead. "Now don't cry anymore. My Siya is a strong girl. This little fever can't scare my strong baby." I smiled lightly upon hearing her words and kissed her palm.

"I don't go to hospitals, Ma. I don't want to stay here; ask the doctor to discharge me today only." Everyone chuckled, shaking their heads, while I pouted sadly. "Don't worry, I will talk to the doctor and say my daughter doesn't like this place." Papa teases me, and I huff and pout at him.

"Bhabhi, I have something for you," Vivaan said, making me confused, but soon a smile appeared on my face when I saw a chocolate bar in his hand. He gave the chocolate to me and raised his eyebrows, smiling. I smile brightly and thank him before hugging him with one hand. "Get well soon," I said. He kisses my temple before sitting with Shaurya Bhai and Ruhaan Ji on the couch, who were busy with their serious talk.

Suddenly the door opened, and a nurse came in but stopped in her tracks after seeing many people. Composing herself, she went towards Ruhaan Ji and said something before giving him a paper.

"You stay here; I will go and get the medicines," Shaurya Bhai said and went out. "Sir, ma'am, visiting time is over. Please let the patient rest for a while," she informed us before going out.

"You all should go home; it is already very late, and Dadi and Masi Dadi are also alone in the house," Ruhaan Ji said to papa. Papa nodded and gestured for Momma to come. "We will come back in the morning, hmm. Don't worry and immediately inform Ruhaan if you don't feel well," Mumma said, hugging me.

"Pratibha Ji, come with us; we will drop you at the orphanage." Ma nodded and turned towards me. Hugging me gently, she kissed my forehead a few times and said, "Take care, Beta." I nodded and squeezed her hand softly in assurance. "I will, and don't stress yourself. I am fine," she said, smiling at me. She went with Momma, Papa, and Vivaan.

I rest my back on the pillow while sitting comfortably and resting my head. "You ok?" I heard Ruhaan Ji's soft voice filled with concern. "Hmm, just back pain," I murmured, looking at him with a slight smile. He came towards me and adjusted the bed properly. "Is it fine?" I nodded, resting my head on the pillow.

Shaurya Bhai comes inside with a paper bag, and the same nurse comes behind him with a clipboard. She starts checking my pulse and BP and notes them down on her clipboard. "I should take my leave and call me if you need anything." I turn my eyes towards Ruhaan Ji, and Bhai hears him. Ruhaan Ji nods before sharing a hug.

"Take care, Siya." I smile while nodding. He left the room.

Ruhaan Ji silently sat on the couch, waiting for the nurse to finish the checkup. I comfortably lay on the slanted bed, curiously looking at the nurse as she opened the bag that Bhai had bought. She pulled out a drip bottle and a few injections. I gulped, barely looking at them, and my eyes widened in horror.

These are all for me.

She changes my drip and throws away the empty bottle. Then she took out a syringe and started filling it. I looked at Ruhaan Ji for help, but suddenly my fear turned into anger, seeing him casually reading magazines while sitting like a freaking king. I gritted my teeth to stop myself from shouting at him for his carelessness towards his sick yet beautiful wife.