8

.·:*¨༺ REAL LIFE ༻¨*:·.

Today was going to be a long day, Alice thought as she opened her eyes. After getting ready, she headed to Max's door and knocked. She could hear someone cursing on the other side of the door.

"Max, open up," she said. When he opened the door, he was wearing yesterday's pants. She pushed him aside and walked into the room. He looked at her, confused, while she went to his nightstand.

"We have so many things to do, so get ready," she said, filling a cup of water and giving it to him.

"Alice, can we talk?" he said after grabbing the glass.

"Not now, Max. I'm kind of busy right now. Please go get ready while I go and get your breakfast," Alice responded without looking at him. She was busy taking a pair of jeans and a Red Bull polo out of his closet.

Max nodded and headed to the bathroom, while Alice opened the door and walked to the restaurant.

"Good morning, how can I serve you?" a lady at the front desk greeted her.

"Good morning. I need two breakfasts for room 312, please."

She typed something into the computer. "Max Verstappen?"

"Yeah."

"Alright, I'll send two breakfasts to his room."

"Thank you." It was morning, and she was already tired. Today was going to be a long day, she thought to herself. Both Red Bull drivers would have to film a video for the official YouTube account of Red Bull, sign some merchandise, and her dad had made her plan everything. This was the way her dad punished her for yesterday's fight.

As she waited for the elevator, someone stood next to her, but it was the last person she wanted to see today. "Dad," she said, still looking at the closed door of the elevator.

"Alice, how is everything going?"

"Amazing. Everything is almost ready."

"So everything is good?" he asked.

"Yeah," she said. The doors opened, and she got inside, with her father following her.

"Explain this then," he said, showing her his phone. There was a picture of a drunk Max getting out of the club and being helped by Danny and Charles. Alice was in the back of the picture too. "God, how do they always know where we are to take pictures?" She thinks to herself. 

"What about it?" Alice asked.

Her father looked at her, "Our last world champion is drunk. He's almost passed out, Alice."

"And?" she replied, "That isn't my problem. Max is a grown man who can do whatever he wants. I'm not his mother."

"No, but you were with him."

"As I said, it's not my problem. Maybe he's a Red Bull driver, and I am your daughter. But my life doesn't revolve around them, Dad. There are other things I care about." She couldn't take any more of that conversation and was grateful when the elevator door opened on the third floor. She quickly got out and walked away without looking back, even though her father called after her.

She continued down the hall until she reached Checo's door. He opened it almost immediately and was already dressed. "Are you ready?" she asked.

"Yeah, I got your text," he replied.

"Perfect, I wanted to make sure you were ready. We aren't leaving yet. Max isn't ready, but I'll call you, okay?"

"Got it," he said with a smile, and Alice started walking toward Max's room. She had taken his room keys before, so she entered without knocking. He was sitting on his bed, fully dressed. When he heard the door opening, he turned and looked at her.