24

.·:*¨༺ REAL LIFE ༻¨*:·.

Alice gazed at Charles, still processing the kiss they had just shared, wondering if it meant they were officially a couple. "Is it official? Am I your girlfriend now?" she asked, seeking clarification.

"If you want me to, I can call you whatever you like," Charles replied.

"I don't really like the term girlfriend," Alice responded. Charles's heart skipped a beat upon hearing her words, but he felt relieved when she smiled and continued speaking. "It would be weird if you called me that. Let's think of another nickname," she suggested.

Charles smiled and exhaled. "Give me some ideas, love. I can't do all the work."

Alice's heart fluttered upon hearing him call her "love." She recalled the characters in the books she read who used the same term for their partners, and she had always hoped someone would call her that someday. "Love?" she repeated, smiling. "Out of everything you've said, that's the best one. But I have one condition."

"What's that?" Charles asked.

"Just call me that when we're alone. Let's keep it between us," Alice requested.

"Okay, love," Charles whispered before kissing her again. The term "girlfriend" no longer felt out of reach for him. This was the same girl he used to watch as Max's girlfriend, so beautiful but unattainable. Being able to call her his girlfriend now felt surreal.

As they sat by the lake, Alice rested her head on Charles's shoulder while he placed his hand on her thigh, moving his thumb in circular motions. She played with his other hand's fingers. "I don't want to wake up," she whispered, gazing at the lake in front of them. Before Charles could ask, she continued speaking. "This is simply perfect, you and me. For the first time in years, I feel fully happy, and I don't care what others think about us. But at the same time, I'm scared that once we go back to the rest of the world, it might change this... us," she confessed.

Charles looked back at her, but she remained focused on the lake. "That's why I want to keep this private, at least in the beginning. I know Pierre knows, and I would tell him. I suspect Carlos knows as well, right?" she asked, to which Charles nodded in response.

"I'm not saying you can't tell anyone, because this isn't a secret. You can tell whoever you want, your brother, mom, anyone, except the media or someone who might tell my dad. I will tell him someday, but I don't know how or when. Things are going great, and I want them to stay that way. Please?" she pleaded.

"Sure, we won't tell anyone until you are ready," Charles says, interrupting Alice as she starts to speak.

"Don't worry about it," he continues. "As long as you're comfortable with this, I'm okay with it."

"I am comfortable. I want this, and I don't care what people may think or say. I just want to keep this bubble where everything is perfect without having to confront people or give explanations. Just you and me, at least at the beginning," Alice says.

Charles wraps an arm around her shoulder, bringing her closer to him and kissing her temple. "Let's keep the bubble," he whispers.

"Let's keep it," Alice whispers back.

They continue talking, putting the situation about keeping their relationship private behind them. They eat, laugh, and kiss all they want during the entire date, keeping their bubble of perfection where the only thing that matters is them.

.·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·.