22

.·:*¨༺ REAL LIFE ༻¨*:·.

After their kiss, Charles pressed their foreheads together, catching their breath. Alice whispered, "We need to talk." After a few seconds of silence, Charles stepped away from her and nodded, before taking her hand and leading her into her room.

Once in the room, Charles sat on the bed and Alice followed, lost in thought. She was thinking about her responsibilities with Red Bull and her father. She couldn't just throw everything away, but she didn't want to lose Charles either.

As Alice was about to start speaking, her phone rang on the nightstand. She picked it up to find a picture of Pierre on the screen.

"You fucking idiot," Alice said as she answered the phone. Charles looked at her, confused.

"It worked, didn't it? I spied on you, btw. It was gross, but now I don't have to see you all sad. It's a win-win," Pierre said on the other end of the line.

"What made you think that I was going to talk? I could just let him go, and none of that would have worked," Alice replied.

"But I did it, and now I'm leaving you alone with the lover boy. Put the speaker on," Pierre instructed. Alice rolled her eyes and put the phone on speaker.

"It's on," Alice confirmed.

"You're welcome, Charles. See, I'm the best friend ever," Pierre said before hanging up. Alice looked at her phone before throwing it onto the bed.

Charles asked, "Is it that bad what you want to say?"

Alice replied, "What?"

"When you're nervous, you start playing with your hands," Charles observed, taking both of her hands into his. She stopped playing with her hands and looked at their intertwined fingers.

"I like you, like really like you. This has never happened to me. I normally just like a guy or find him attractive, but with you," Alice looked at Charles for the first time since she started talking. "I'm considering following my heart, but that doesn't mean I'm not scared."

"What scares you?" Charles genuinely asked.

"Risking everything with my dad and Red Bull, and what if things don't work out for us..." Alice trailed off.

"Stop overthinking everything, for god's sake," Charles interrupted.

"That's how my mind works, and see, you don't know me, and I don't know you," Alice replied.

"We'll take this as a way to get to know each other better, Alice. You can take risks in your life without expecting the worst. You can be open-minded as well," Charles said.

"Open-minded doesn't make part of my dictionary," Alice replied.

"Let's keep it private. Nobody needs to know, just you and me. Does that help?" Charles suggested.

"Are you sure? I don't want you to do anything you don't want to do," Alice said.

"If we're together, I want you to be happy and comfortable, Ali. Keeping it private is not the best thing, but if that's what you want, then I'll do it," Charles said.

"Are you even real?" Alice asked. "There's no way someone is as perfect as you are."

"I'm not perfect," Charles replied.

Alice just kissed him in response.

"So, what does this mean?" Alice asked, with their lips brushing against each other.