34

.·:*¨༺ REAL LIFE ༻¨*:·.

"How was it?" Pierre asks once she is finally out of the Red Bull garage, with all her things in a box. When she used to think about the day when she would leave the team, she always expected it to be sad. And even though it is, Alice has been surrounded by the team, and with time she actually ended up loving Red Bull. But it was consuming all of her, and as time passed, what used to make her happy about her job began to disappear. Leaving just a trap, which was what she used to feel every time she entered the Red Bull hospitality.

"What are you even doing in here?" She asks, looking at her friend.

"Charles told me what you were about to do. He wanted to come, but he had a meeting, so I decided to play the role of the best friend and come here."

"See Pierre, it's good to accept that you love me, sometimes."

"I don't, babe."

"Keep lying until you start to believe it."

"Have you heard the latest rumor?" He asks, trying to change the topic.

"You are such a gossip, Pierre. No, I haven't. Turns out I've been taking care of other things. What happened?"

"Lando has a new girlfriend," that's all he says. She keeps looking at him, waiting for him to continue talking, but he stays silent.

"Who?" She asks.

"You're a gossip as well... so there is a girl, you know her actually, Olivia Sainz."

"What?"

"Olivia and Lando, the new couple at the grid. Or that's what Instagram says."

"Instagram, that's your source of information, really? I expected more."

"At least I knew about it, A," he says, passing his arm around her shoulders to guide her towards the AlphaTauri garage.

"Pierre?" She asks some minutes later when they have just arrived at the garage.

"Yeah?"

"What am I going to do now? I don't even have a paddock pass anymore. I have to give it back on Monday, and after that? I want to keep coming to the races."

Until this moment, she hasn't thought about what is happening next. She still needs to find a job and a way to continue coming to the races.

"You could be my guest for the next race. We'll see, A. Don't worry about it."

"Don't you think I made a mistake? Now I'll have to start all over again. Christian isn't suing me though, otherwise I'll be fucked up."

"You made the right choice, A. You chose your happiness. You hated that job anyway. Now you can start again."

"What if..."

"Stop thinking about the 'what if.' Just try it. If it doesn't work out, then we will try again. You aren't alone in this, A. You have me, and you have Charles. Everything is going to be fine."

"There was no need to be rude and shut me down."

"God, it's sometimes really hard to talk to you."

.·:*¨༺ TEXT MESSAGE ༻¨*:·.