49

.·:*¨ REAL LIFE ¨*:·.

Even though it had been an exhausting day, Alice patiently waited in the Ferrari garage for Charles to finish his media duties after the race. She resisted the temptation to retreat to her hotel room and sleep. After several minutes of scrolling through her phone, she spotted the two Ferrari drivers emerging from the depths of the garage. They had traded their helmets for caps and their racing suits were now casually draped around their waists. The age-old assumption held true – one had to be devastatingly handsome to drive for Ferrari, and both of them embodied that notion. As she caught sight of them, Alice made her way towards Charles first, planting a tender kiss on his lips before enveloping the Spaniard in a warm embrace, just as she had yearned to do when she watched him stand atop the podium.

"I told you that you would win with Ferrari. I'm so proud of you," she whispered into his ear, her arms encircling his neck while he reciprocated the embrace.

When she separates from him, she walks back to Charles, who reaches out for her hand, their fingers intertwining. "Does this mean I won't have to endure his sobbing over you?" Carlos asks, his gaze fixed on their joined hands.

"I never cried," Charles defends himself.

"But she did," someone interjects, and they all turn to see Pierre entering the garage. "Carlos, this means we're free again," the Frenchman declares, standing beside Carlos and receiving a playful punch from Alice.

"You'll never be free as long as I'm alive, Pierre Jean-Jacques Gasly," she retorts, using his full name for emphasis.

"Oh, she pulled out the full name card," Charles chuckles, joining in the amusement. Making Alice turn and look at him. He stops laughing before kissing his girlfriends cheek. "I love you?" He tried to say as he sees how Alice is still giving him a deadly glaze.

Which make the French and the Spaniard start laughing at the couple. "He cried as well" Carlos says "Like multiple times"

"You cried Charlie?" Alice asks. Gaining a roll of the eyes form her boyfriend.

"What if we go?" he asks, changing the topic and pulling Alice out of the Ferrari garage, closely followed by the other two drivers.

"Even if you change the topic, I'll still find out," she whispers, turning to face Pierre. "Are we still going out and getting wasted?" she asks with a smile. They had both planned to go and get drunk after the Grand Prix, and even though she wanted to spend time with Charles, there were so many problems in her life that only alcohol could temporarily solve.

"Have I ever said no to alcohol?" Pierre asks as they all head towards the parking lot. "And I need you to get drunk, Alice," he says, playfully pulling her hair.

"What? Why?" she asks, crossing her arms over her chest and looking at Pierre.

"I need you to tell me everything, and you tend to talk more when you're drunk. Plus, I want Charles to see you drunk, just so he knows what he's getting into."

"Now I don't want to go," she says, looking at Charles. "I'm not that bad when I drink, just to clarify." In response, Charles takes her hand and pulls her in front of him, sliding his arm around her waist.

"I guess I need to see it for myself."

"You're not that bad?" Pierre asks, laughing. "So being 'good' is standing on a table and starting to sing, scaring everyone? And let's not forget the time you..."

"Shut up," she interrupts him, knowing exactly what he was about to bring up.

"Now I want to know," Carlos says, looking at Pierre and then at Alice.