39

.·:*¨༺ REAL LIFE ༻¨*:·.

"What the hell am I doing in here" She whispers looking at the door in front of her. After her talk with Max she walked the Ferrari garage, still with her eyes red thanks to the tears she let go back at the Red Bull garage.

But she hasn't gone into the room, where she already knew Charles is in. Today is his home Grand Prix, a race he always dreamed of winning and has never achieve. She can't just go in there and cry in his arms, not when he is about to go out there and race.

She wants to enter so badly. She just wants to feel his arms around her, she wants to feel protected and love. That all Alice is asking for.

"Alice?" Olivia calls out to her, causing the brunette to turn towards her. As she approaches, Olivia notices that Alice's eyes are red, as if she had been crying. "Are you okay?" Olivia asks, wrapping her arms around Alice in a comforting embrace.

Alice doesn't answer, instead she starts to cry in Olivia's arms. Olivia helps Alice sit on the floor and they both sit there, with Alice resting her head on Olivia's shoulder. "I'll be here to listen to you if you want to talk," Olivia offers, but Alice continues to cry for a few more minutes.

"I hate how much power he still has over me," Alice whispers through her tears. "Even when I tried to... I tried to convince myself that it didn't hurt, it still does, and I don't know what to do."

Olivia isn't sure what Alice is talking about, but she continues to listen attentively.

"I made my decision, I chose me, my happiness, and my freedom, but still, I feel like I betrayed part of myself with that choice. I betrayed my dad and... what if I didn't make the right choice?"

"I think you have to put your happiness over everything else," Olivia replies, trying to be helpful. "Sorry for not being able to help, but I don't know what choice you're talking about."

Alice wipes away her tears and takes a deep breath. "I quit my job at Red Bull, since Barcelona actually," she explains. "I had to make one of the hardest choices... I could keep working, but instead I needed to break up with my boyfriend, or I could continue with him and leave the team."

"And you chose your boyfriend," Olivia realizes.

"Yeah, but he wasn't the only thing I took into account, Liv. I hated being there, I had to pretend to be someone I was not," Alice confesses. Olivia can't help but relate to Alice's situation. "I had to also accept that I wasn't going to be my dad's first choice, so I picked my happiness and my freedom. Christian wasn't going to let me go, that's why he added to my contract that I needed to stay at least a season working, but then he found out about my relationship, and he made me decide. If I stayed, I would have to break up with him, but if I leave, then he was going to sue me."

"He was going to sue his own daughter?" Olivia can't believe what she's hearing.

"That's Christian Horner, the man who only cares about his job," Alice replies bitterly.

Olivia takes a moment to organize her thoughts before speaking again. "I know we haven't known each other for long, and I don't even know the whole story of what's going on with you, but from what you just told me, I can say that you made the right choice. Maybe sometimes it won't feel like that, but I am here for all you need," she reassures Alice. "But can I ask you a question?"

"Sure."

"What are you doing here?"

"Oh, right... that's basically the reason why I had to quit my job," Alice answers.