29

.·:*¨༺ REAL LIFE ༻¨*:·.

"Charles, I have to go now if I want to make it to the race," she said, trying to push the body lying on top of her. "We can't do this every morning."

His eyes were still shut as she softly massaged his skull. She had started doing it every morning since she found out he liked it.

"Where are you going?" his raspy voice whispered, adjusting his body even more on top of her.

"I told you, I need to go and change my dress. I don't like the other one."

"The other one looks good."

"You're only saying that because you want me to stay."

"You look beautiful with everything you have on, love. Even more so with my shirts, if you ask me."

"Good thing you're a driver because your sense of fashion makes me concerned."

"I dress well," he said, opening his eyes and looking at her.

"Babe, mixing patterns is a crime. You should be in jail by now," she said before lowering her face and pressing their lips together.

"Now I'm offended," he said, sitting up. But before she could raise from bed, his arm wrapped around her waist, pulling her into his lap.

"That doesn't change how I feel about you," she said, wrapping her arms around his neck and kissing him one more time. "But seriously, I need to go."

"Are you sure you're okay?" Their eyes met, and Alice got completely lost in those beautiful green eyes. Eyes that she realized she couldn't lie to.

"No, but I will be. There is only a year until I'm free. At least I told him everything I always wanted to tell him."

"You shouldn't be there, love," he said.

"But there is nothing I can do about it, and if I could, I should start looking for a new job," she replied.

"Be my PR," he suggested.

"I can't. You shouldn't be dating your PR, Charles Leclerc. But I know I don't want to leave my job at F1."

"You could be a journalist next season, interviewing drivers, working with different teams and brands. You have the contacts, talent, and knowledge," he said persuasively.

"I don't know..." she hesitated.

"Stop doubting, Ali. You are amazing, talented, and intelligent. Everyone should be happy to be working with you. And we could still travel together and see each other every day. Things shouldn't change that much," he said reassuringly.

"We are at the beginning of the season. I still need to work with them until December. At that point, we can talk about it," she replied.

"I know you liked my idea. What can I say? I'm brilliant," he joked.

"I thought you were stupid, or that's what you said," she teased.

"Depends on the day," he grinned.

"Charles, I..." she started to say. She loved him, but she couldn't say it. They had just started dating, and those were such important words that she couldn't say them that fast. This wasn't the first time she was tempted to say them. Whenever he made her smile, just like he did even when she wasn't feeling good before the conversation, she felt those words on the tip of her tongue.