20

.·:*¨༺ REAL LIFE ༻¨*:·.

Alice called out to Charles, but he continued walking. "Charles, wait," she said again, still following him.

"I don't want to talk right now, Alice," he replied without looking at her.

She tried one more time, "Charles," but he stopped walking, still not turning to look at her. She walked towards him and placed herself in front of him. "Can I just stay with you?" she asked. "I won't talk."

"Why?" he asked, not looking at her. "Why do you want to do this?"

"I just wanted to check on you."

"You did. Now you can go," he said before continuing to walk, passing by her.

"Don't push me away, please," she almost begged. But she stood there without following him into the Ferrari garage.

Charles stopped walking, closing his eyes before turning to look back at Alice. "I don't have to push you away, you already did. You pushed me out of your life some weeks ago. We haven't talked since then, and now you come here? Really, Alice?" he asked, almost exhausted about the situation. The whole time they had been apart, Charles had kept thinking about her. Even today, he still thought about her. How that conversation had messed with his head more than what he wanted to accept. How that girl in front of him had gotten inside his heart so fast, then when she pushed him away, she ripped his heart out.

"Yeah, I know how it sounds. Maybe I'm crazy, maybe I'm dumb. I don't know, Charles. I don't know what happens to me when I'm around you," she admits.

"You should go back with your team. They must be celebrating," he says, changing the topic and wanting to get away from her.

"I don't care about them. At least not right now," she says honestly. "I'm here for a reason, Charles, and that reason is you."

"What do you want from me? I just don't get it. The last time we talked, you told me that the best thing was to be away. I almost begged you to reconsider it, and now you act like this?"

"There are a lot of things going on in my life right now."

"I'm not buying that excuse anymore," he says, giving a step in her direction.

"It's not an excuse. It's the truth."

"I don't believe you," he gives another step, not noticing their bodies were so close to each other. "I'm not buying it anymore."

"I made a mistake," she admits, looking at him. "I messed it up, okay? I know I did," she says, taking a step away from him. "And do you know what the worst part about it is?" she asks, and Charles keeps looking at her waiting for a response. "Even when I thought I made the right choice, I couldn't stop thinking about you the whole time, even when I tried. I just couldn't," she breaks eye contact and starts playing with her fingers nervously. "But I had to do it."

"Why?" he asked.

She responded, "Something happened in my life that forced me to make that decision."

"And was it the right choice at least?" he inquired.

"I don't know," she whispered. "Maybe it was, but I hated every second of it." A tear fell down her cheek, and she wiped it away before looking at him. "I... I should leave you alone. I just wanted to tell you this. Bye Charles."

Like the last time they talked, one of them walked away from the other. Last time it was Charles, but now it was her turn. She didn't know what to say to him when she called him out. She just wanted to talk and explain why she made that decision.