26.

felix came back downstairs an hour later and couldn't see minho anywhere, he searched the whole house but didn't see his brother anywhere. he even tried calling him but couldn't get a response.

eventually he gathered the courage to go ask his parents where minho had gone, they told him that he'd left and that felix should try to avoid him from now on.

he spent the rest of the summer holidays in his room, hiding from his parents and trying to get in touch with minho but nothing worked.

he was just looking forward to going back to school.

~

the school year was terrible, minho avoided felix the whole time and when he returned home for the holidays, his parents were horrible to him.

he'd noticed the change in his parents behaviour more now that his brother wasn't there to protect him, he hated it.

felix blamed minho for this, blamed him for turning their parents into monsters and blamed him for the way they treated him.

he knew he shouldn't blame minho, it wasn't his fault but he did blame him, because of minho, felix was the one who was going to get hurt.

~

"are you okay min?" jisung asked as minho sat up, looking very tired, "feeling better than last night?"

he nodded, "yeah.." he lied, "jisung.."

"yes?"

"i should've stayed right?" he said, "if i did, felix wouldn't hate me a-and he'd never have to see that side of our parents.."

minho was crying again, "i should've protected him but instead i r-ran away" he shoved his face into his hands. "it's my fault our parents hate us"

"minho, it's not you're fault" he hugged his boyfriend, "you didn't do anything wrong"

"oh but i did jisung..i fucked up so bad" he said.

jisung frowned, "what did you do that was so bad min?" he asked.

minho took a deep breath, "i left my little brother in an abusive house..i left him, k-knowing he would get hurt"

he looked over at jisung, "i ran away because i didn't want to get hurt, a-and left him to deal with my mess..i should be there to protect him"

"you ran away because you weren't safe min.. you did what was right"

"it wasn't right to leave felix alone"

~

short chap but basically felix hates minho bc of the fact he left him alone in an abusive household