Northwest's real identity?

AB: Finally those gosh darn Americans are gone for the week! Now I can break out these-

Alberta grabbed a case of questionable liquids and threw it on the table. The provinces who had been cleaning up previously immediately looked with wide eyes, shaking their heads.

AB: What's wrong? For months those 21 meanies just glared at me all the time. Even Texas did!

SK: Al'... I usually enjoy your drunk antics but... look behind you

AB: What? What do you mean look behind me-

Behind Alberta stood their dad, Canada. Towering over her, he was fuming with anger.

🇨🇦: Alby... is that what I think that is?

AB: Uh, maybe depends what you're uh thinking...

Canada immediately grabbed the drinks, read the label and shook his head.

🇨🇦: Really Alberta Edmonton Canada? You are only 18, and in front of children. Oh I'm quite disappointed.

Alberta looked down, slightly sad. Which was weird because she almost never listened to her dad.

🇨🇦: As much as I hate to leave you all alone after both the wall and this. I'm off to the great Americas party Panama's hosting. Ontario as the oldest your in charge. If anything happens call your uncle or grandpa. Don't call me unless a state breaks in, actually UK will handle that. Don't call me at all.

QU: Wha- I'm the oldest!

NS: Aren't we all like full grown adults? Why are we being babysat?

BC: Which uncle?

🇨🇦: Quebec, I hate to be rude but you're as responsible as Australia during the Paris conference, and either works fine as long as they aren't currently wanting us dead. Nova, as long as you are burning down buildings or threatening independence, these are the steps I need to take.

BC: So probably Aussie

BC pulled out a notebook and started doodling notes as Quebec yelled incoherent French no one but Brunswick, Ontario and Labrador could understand.

🇨🇦: Don't give Nunavut any trauma when I'm gone!

And with that their dad was gone.

NB: Anyways let's get those beers back

MB: I think he just put them back here or something

ON: What? C'mon guys, Canada's gone for a second and your reaching for that? I swear you younger siblings are so immature, right Que?

Quebec was up by a door trying to pop a cap, muttering some sadder French.

ON: QUEBEC!

QU: Rio I'm not in the mood to discuss my feelings with a English scum right now.

Ontario disappointed, sat on one of the raggy chairs. Northwest and Yukon joined him with Nunavut on North's lap.

ON: Shouldn't you be enjoying their weird party?

YU: Ha no, I'm much too young for that stuff.

NT: I had to raise Mani, the twins, Yuki, Bri and Nunavut after Rupert kicked the bucket. I gave drinking long time ago.

ON: Wait aren't you Rupert?

NT: What? No, I've always been Northwest territories, god that's a stupid name.

QU: LANGUAGE!

ON: Wha... no... you're telling me Rupert has been dead all these years?

YU: Yeah? He's been dead a long while. You would've been like 14 then. I was like five when he passed.

MB: You guys talking bout Rupert? Hasn't he been dead for like ages?

AB: What no! Rupert is right there, alive?

SK: That's Northwest Al'.

AB: I know, didn't he change his name?

NT: What- I've always been Northwest!

NS: Really?

NB: You have amnesia or something?

NF: Youuchangdyurnameliketoohundoyersago

L: She's trying to say you changed your name around two hundred years ago.

PEI: No Rupert was taller and more of a prick, wasn't rupert his own country too?

NB: Most of us were our own country, well more colony.

BC: Oh please I grew up with Rupert and Northwest. We went to the same school?

MB: We all went to the same school! Didn't he say he raised you?

BC and NT: Found family

MB: Wha- I'm older then her!

BC: Not really, I've always been a slow ager. Especially with this new Maple butter lotion, It is perfect for-

MB: Are you turning this into an ad?!

BC: They're paying me so I don't care. Anyways-

The provinces continued to argue whether or not he was dead or just Northwest territories. Northwest sat by the back with Nunavut debating to disappear like that one district no one remembers anymore.

ON: AUGH CAN WE ALL JUST SHUT UP!

Everyone proceeded to shut up.

ON: How about we do something fun that's not arguing or drinking? Let's um..

NS: Drink and tell stories?

ON: Yes let's tell- wait and what

QU: I'll get the drinks

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

716 words