Rodeos with high stakes

(1945, Paris)

"CANADA! WE DID IT! WE DID IT!" Canada was tackled by his brother in a massive bear hug. Canada hugged him back and laughed.

They were covered in blood and tears, they were only a step there. But seeing his mother alive and kissing his father...

That was enough to celebrate.

"Hey guys don't leave me out!" Laughed Aussie jumping on the two, tumbling them to the ground. France and Britain just giggled softly at the teenagers silliness. They were finally being a family again. "Bro are you crying? DAD CANADA HAS EMOTIONS!" Screamed Aussie.

Canada wiped his face. "Oh shut up."

America looped his arm around Canada's shoulder. "Get up dude. I think France has some fancy shamcy wine for us to try. Right?"

France rolled her eyes and smiled. "Maybe, just for you strong boys."

"WOOT! WINE!" Australia whipped his hands in the air. Canada sighed and shook his head as America towed him to a bar.

"C'mon boys, let's have a break." Britain said before sighing. "We'll still have time to save the rest of Europe from that... that monster."

France gripped Britain's hand hard, her bandages loose. Little cuts and bruises showing against her navy skin.

Canada looked to the east. They had a lot to go, he still needed to free his friend in Amsterdam.

But for now, he was going to drink with his brothers.

//(Modern day)//

"ARGH! I HATE MY ROOMMATE!"

"What'd he do this time?" Yukon asked.

Alberta stood for a solid ten seconds. "Wait... your not Sask."

"Woah really? Took you long enough." Yukon was leaning on her bed, sketching something. Alaska was laying on her bed, watching.

Alberta leaned onto the doorframe. "Well we were chatting about politics-"

"Why would you talk politics with a state?" Alaska rolled his eyes.

"Pfft- not the point. So he said he was a red state and I was like damn thought he was a conservative but whatever I mean I live with Manitoba."

Alaska and Yukon looked confused for wildly different reasons. "But Texas hates red provinces?"

"That's what I thought! So then he asked what I was and I asked what district? He looked at me super confused and said no I mean over all. So I said I guess I'd be a blue province and he looked at me again like I was insane!"

"You're a blue province?" Alaska looked at her in confusion.

"I mean if we're going what most my districts vote as then yes." Alberta shrugged. "But if we talking like North, Yukon, Nunavut, Sask, Newfoundland they all voted the same overall. Yuki is a red province because she has only one district."

"I'm a red state too!" Alaska high fives Yukon.

"Then he asked why I wasn't friends with BC then. I said who told you I'm not friends with BC she's my sister, sure a sister who lost me 2 billion but still my sister. He was like so then you are a Democrat and I said no, most of my districts are just conservative. Blah blah blah now I have to wrangle a bull."

"How did that go to bull wrangling?"

"If I told you I'd break a brother's secret."

Yukon looked her sister up and down, "Then why are you here?"