Heart Broken

"Will you clean that table?" Xavier asked pointing to a table and I sighed before walking over.

"Today offically sucks." I replied, then I noticed Wednesday, "I thought you were suppose to be at Pilgrim World."

"I deserted it while my sanity was still intact." Wednesday replied as she walked towards me and I walked towards the counter.

I gave Xavier a look and he smiled before walking away.

"Oh yeah?" I asked resting my arms on the counter as I looked at her, "You want a coffee? It's one of the many perks of this wonderful assignment."

"I'm actully here for Tyler." Wednesday replied and my heart broke like that.

Of course she was.

"Didn't Xavier tell you he was bad news?" I asked.

"Twice. But who I speak to is my business." Wednesday replied as she rang a bell.

"Right, so I was wrong thinking that hey, maybe the Wednesday Addams that hates everyone might like me." I scoffed as I started to walk away, "I appreticate it Wednesday, thanks to you I'm now use to getting my heart broken."

On Wednesday's way out she glared at me and bumped my shoulder. I almost dropped a cup but luckily Xavier caught before it hit the floor.

"Whoa, what did you say to her?" Xavier asked.

"Nothing." I replied a little hurt as I walked away.

-Time skip-

"What the hell are you doing?" I asked walking over to Wednesday who was looking at footprints in the mud, and she was soaking wet.

"I was following the monster." Wednesday said standing up as I pulled her under my Umbrella.

"You saw it?" I asked in slight disbelief, "It's hear? Do you have a death wish or something?"

"What exactly are you doing here?" Wednesday questioned and I scoffed.

"I overheard you say you were checking out the old meeting house. It's lucky I showed up when I did." I replied.

"I did learn one thing. The monster is human. It tracks turned from monster prints to human ones." Wednesday explained to me.

"Show me." I demanded.

She then started walking forward and I followed her. But it was raining so bad that I didn't see anything. Just muddy water.

"The rain washed them all away." Wednesday said.

You don't say.

"I know what I saw." Wednesday replied after she heard me scoff.

"I'm trying ot keep an open mind." I replied to her.

"How big of you." Wednesday said.

"I do think you might be right about Rowan." I said as the two of us started walking.

"Why the sudden change of heart?" Wednesday asked.

"Xavier texted him again today. He said maybe they could meet over spring break and go snowboarding like they did last year." I explained to Wednesday, "This time he texted right back, said he wouldn't be able to make it."

"Only they never went snowboarding last year." Wednesday figured it out as I nodded my head.

"Part of me wanted to blame it on his recent weirdness. I didn't want to think something bad had happened." I explaiend, "But Xavier agrees with me, and he believe you."

"The cover-up is always worse then the crime." Wednesday replied.

"Now I need you to be honest with me." I said as I came to a stop so I could turn towards her, "Why'd you come out to the old meeting house in the first place?"

"I was trying to learn more about Crackstone." Wednesday explained, "Figure out how he's connected to this."

"Yeah, you were trying to use your psychic abilities, right?" I asked.

"What makes you think I have any?" Wednesday asked and I rolled my eyes, it was obvious.

"Um, I was with you when you passed out of nowhere, and when we found Rowan's glasses. When did you start getting them?" I asked her.

"About a year ago." Wednesday replied turning to start walking again.

And because I was such a good friend, and didn't want her to get wet. I quickly followed after her.

"When they happen it feels like I'm touching live wire. I usually enjoy that sensation." Wednesday explained.

"Yeah, but you can't control it and that freaks you out." I replied, "Kind of like how you enjoy the sensation of us being together. You just refuse to admit it."

"What do you mean?" Wednesday asked as she came to another stop and I turned to look at her.

"I mean, me and Xavier were talking the other day. And what he said to me I think applies to you." I replied as I started walking again.

"What would that be?" She asked following me.

"I mean, Wednesday, you have a soft spot for me." I said, and I turned my head slightly to see her reaction.

By the look on her face, I could tell she knew that Xavier was right. She did have a soft spot for me. But she couldn't admit it, or she just couldn't figure out how to deal with it.

"So what if I do?" Wednesday asked as she continued to follow me.

"If you do, why don't you stop being an asshole and just tell me." I said stopping to turn around and look at her, "I've been doing everything in my power to be nice to you. I've defend you. And I've been your friend, but your to stuck up to just say, 'hey I have feelings for you. What do I do?'"

Wednesday looked at me knowing I was right, "Nixi, you don't understand. I don't have feelings. I don't do friendships, and I certainly don't do relationships."

Wednesday then walked away and I scoffed as I followed her. I continue to put myself out there, and the only thing she can think of doing is turn me down.

Later that day we were all gathered back at town all. I was sitting next to Xavier, me and Wednesday just glaring at each other as Xavier looked at me worried.

"Thank you, it is my honor to celebrate our town's history." The mayor started as mine and Wednesday's glares didn't die off, "And Jericho's noble forefather, Joseph Crackstone. Now, he believed that with a happy heart and an open ear, there was nothing our town couldn't achieve. So together as one, our community and our friends at Nevermore Academy, we built a monument to celebrate his memory. Now, may the spirit of Joseph Cracstone be memorialized for eternity."

Don't stop by Fleet Wood Mac was played by the band. And Wednesday started to follow along playing her Cello.

A firey bomb then exploded in the water of the Joseph Crackstone Statue. Screams filled the area as I jumped up from where I was sitting. Xavier grabbing me and pushing me behind him.

Then while everyone was running around Wednesday continued to play her Cello. I knew she had something to do with this, I just didn't understand why.

Soft spotOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara