02 | Catch Up

•°

•°. *࿐

FUCK, FUCK, FUCK. 

She's actually in front of me. And she has tattoos now. They're really hot. Or pretty. Maybe both. 

She seems equally as shocked to be seeing me right now, the expression on her face unreadable but nothing good. 

I let out a huff of air, lifting my wrist to wipe the trickling down my nose. It must be bleeding from when that asshole punched me. 

The asshole that is currently still alive and coughing from behind me. 

Yeah this is a little awkward. Liza doesn't know anything about TK's real last name, betrayal, anything.

Which, yes, is partially my fault because I snitched on her to her parents - but still - I wouldn't change a thing I did today. 

"Long time no see." I finally speak. 

"Fuck you." She doesn't miss a beat. 

Okay. Yup. She's still mad. Definitely held a grudge. But her voice is nice. Matured. Sounds smoother and lower and-

"Liza, sorry about all this - I can explain everything." TK speaks up from behind me, finally standing with a limp and hand to his stomach. 

"You're good TK, the scene can explain itself." She sighs, looking around the broken bar. 

I notice now she has two armed security guards by her side. I guess a bar as rich and established as this one appears to be armed more properly than the ones I've been frequenting in California. 

With a fake ID of course. 

That Faith definitely doesn't know about. Alexei does though. He helped me out with that. Told me to never tell Faith because she'd kill him. 

And now I have that over him forever. Dumbass. 

"What kind of relationship is this?" I ask, eyes darting between Liza and TK. 

"He works for me." Liza answers. 

"This is your bar?" I ask. 

She nods. 

"Oh. It's - uh - it's nice." I clear my throat. 

"I know, I designed it." She returns. 

"Right." I rock back on my heels a bit. 

Some silence. Then a little more. 

"Wrong time I know - but can I please go to the back to get some ice? And alcohol?" TK raises a finger, standing beside Liza.

"Of course, Jesus Christ she fucked you up." Liza pulls his knuckles in so she can quickly scan them before allowing him to make his way to the back. 

I scowl and take a step to follow him but she stops me.