15 | Senses & Swings

•°

•°. *࿐

THE SHADOW CAME back injured. Victor treated him like a son and had him patched up right away. I don't understand how important this person is. I do understand that we're going up against a human experiment though. And that perhaps having a metal arm on our side is helpful. 

My mother has forced Xolo and I to work and research together, always talking about how special he is, always noting his importance.

It's torture. 

"If we manage to drag them out somewhere away from the bar, it'll be easier to deal with them discreetly and then control the death of them easier. Make it seem like an accident. Something else." Xolo notes. 

"Maybe before," I shake my head, "But they've called the police now. It'll be too supspiscous. We don't have to care about how it looks - we just need to make sure it doesn't lead back to us at all."

"Wow Viria, that's very insightful, I truly do wish there was a way to murder people with zero repercussions." Xolo stares at me blankly. 

"I will throw my pen through your eye."

"That's quite impressive."

"You'll be dead before you get to be impressed." I sneer, angered in seconds. 

"I love it when you talk dirty." He leans back on his forearms. 

I'm actually going to lose it. Maybe I should use the gun in here on myself. The end will be nicer than him. 

"What if we burnt the place to the ground? Act like it was an accidental fire?" I say, distracting myself. 

"If we did that," Xolo sits back up properly, "We'd have to plant excuses days before the execution." 

"Why?"

"Fingerprints. Obvious tampering. Etcetera." He waves a hand. 

"I don't have fingerprints," I shrug, "And so even it was apparent there was tampering, who could they lead it back to without my fingerprints?"

"You might leave DNA." 

"No DNA in their system either." I shrug. 

"...that's a little weird...wait do I not have fingerprints then?"

"How do you not know if you have fingerprints or not?" 

"I don't know, maybe the amnesia?" He narrows his eyes. 

I sigh, "Unless you've burned them off, you have them."

"...so you burned them off?" He tilts his head.

"I did."

"Wha- when?" He squints. 

I shrug again, "Once every year to be safe."