31 | Estrangement

•°

•°. *࿐

THERE'S A GOOD amount of silence after Liza's proposal. Will it work? I can't be sure. All I've been dreading recently is the thought that my possible future surrogate father, is now my current possible murderer - and that the cruelest thing he's done to me, minus the betrayal, is declare my submission to a room of isolation with zero computers.

That's torture. If this were medieval times - I'd consider it treacherous. I'd have his head for it.

"You know what?" Yara says thoughtfully, hope filling the room, "I think I'm fine."

Never mind. Hope abandoned. 

"Xavier?" Yara hums, "Do what you must with the girl. Deal with her however you please - and, you know what? - take the two handsome men over here. They seems like he'll be a problem in this room."

This room? The fuck is going to happen in this room?

Xavier nods, nudging his head to the guards again, allowing for them to grab both Alexei, Jake and I to escort us out.

"This part of the plan?" Jake whispers below my ear from beside me. 

"I got nothing man." Is all I can respond with. 

Alexei doesn't budge from where he's standing though. He stands next to Faith, in front of Aly, and literally stays put. Not in a threatening way like a robot taking a stand. More like a toddler being disobedient. 

And would you look at that? All guns in the room are on him in a heartbeat.

"Alexei." Faith warns again sternly. 

"I would really rather be here." He says. 

"We'll be fine, I promise. I need you with Eka and Jake. Can you do that for me?" She uses her negotiation skills on him this time. 

"It's like one guy and three guards! I'm better in here!" He exclaims. 

"Seriously, not in front of all these people please. And not whilst we're gambling with our lives." Faith's tone turns more domestic than worried.

He inhales deeply before exhaling and turning to follow us out. 

"Sorry about that." I hear Faith say.

"No, no, I understand." Yara's voice grows quieter when the elevator doors close once again. 

With a jittery Jake, heated Alexei, and very very upset me, we're all put into the elevator again, accompanied by Xavier and three guards.

"Where are you taking us?" I ask - Xavier mainly - when the elevator doors open to an entirely new level.

"Some place where you'll be easier to dispose of." Xavier nudges me forward, walking me, Jake and Alexei down the halls.