27 | Stars Around My Scars

•°

 •°. *࿐

I FEEL LIKE my father is some wannabe villain. 

He likes to appear out of thin air, say cliche jokes and start cliche conversation, that never seem to make it to the audience. 

Me. 

I'm the audience. 

He has the most dramatic entrances ever - but he still seems to make it weird? How? I don't know. 

I just like bitching about Victor Romano. Daddy dearest. Mafia psychopath. 

I look down at where my hand is, scrubbing dishes, not moving my stare. It's the only interesting thing going on right now in my opinion anyway. Constant dishes, touching me, soapy and clean. Weird. Things tend to get too weird when you look at them for too long.

I don't give a fuck anymore I think. 

About a lot of things. 

I mean I've never had a constant, reassuring thing in my life - which is why sacrificing myself for Alyona and her team has been so easy.

Could I be doing homework right now? Getting into college? The answer is yes. Am I? Nope. 

I silently sigh, turning on my heel and walking towards the wine cellar. Whilst I'm walking, only a few thoughts come to my mind. 

The first being that this case is really overtaking my personal life - because during the times I'm supposed to be stressing over occupations and my future, I'm making up theories about experimental children in my head, or the the intentions of this Xolo guy, or if a deal with the devil really exists at all and how I find it so I can just kill a person a year and have all my other problems fixed in exchange.

 Every now and then I'll get a glimpse of Rowan in my mind though. That's a nice break from the chaos and havoc. Not because he's nice or cool or anything - but because at least he's enough of a distraction from the inevitable reunion I'll be having with my father in the upcoming week.

As I navigate and survey the cellar for a specific type of bottle (Familia Torres), I stop myself before entering the chamber because apparently luck is on my side when I see Rowan already in the halls. 

Sarcasm. Note the sarcasm.

We make eye contact, he sends a mocking smirk, I march towards him, his smirk is gone and replaced by surprise. 

"Hi Rowan." I say in a sickeningly sweet tone as I approach him. 

"Hey?" He tilts his head.

We stand.

"Did I...interrupt something?" He asks even though he was in here first. I shake my head and am met with silence. He looks to the wall to avoid eye contact.