34 | Exploding The Past

•°

•°. *࿐

HERE WE ARE I guess. Already divided into three groups, left alone with a weirdly hot psycho mayor candidate, surrounded by Romano guards who probably can't even consider themselves Romano's anymore given they don't work for Victor. 

It's a whole mess.

Did anything go according to Faith's plan? Nope. Not at all. 

But...none of us have died yet. That has to count for something. At least that I know of. 

"Is he here yet?" Yara mutters to a guard beside her. They continue to murmur to one another, leaving Faith and I totally in the dark as we stand here, unarmed, across from Liza who's been ordered to sit in a fancy chair and watch us die.

I honestly thought that this Yara woman was just ambitious. That no, Xolo was totally wrong, her and her daughter are just...hard workers. I mean the moment she mentioned disarming Victor and taking over his own mafia - I thought, 'Wow! She must be sane then!'

But nope. Nuh uh. Here she is, psycho in all her glory. I wonder if she could rival my father's psychotics. But, then again, she was against experimenting on children. He wasn't. 

"They're calling in Stone," I murmur to Faith, "You'll see why they call him The Shadow."

"We need to think of things that can get him out of the state he'll be in." She states, "Like what I did with you, remember? Bring up memories that counter what he's being told. He thinks he works for Yara, let's remind him why he doesn't."

Faith is acting unusually calm for somebody who is about to see their dead brother again after three years. It's like she's turned on a switch. One that puts her in game mode. 

I've only seen Faith like this around twice before. One, after she found out about Alexei's whole betrayal (we still hold that against him, he hates it) and two, when she found out Stone was dead.

Both times, the people she put herself up against were screwed. So Faith with her switch turned off is both concerning, but also exactly what we're going to need for the shit that's coming up. 

"How do you want to deal with Yara and all the bitches in this place then?" I ask. Faith opens her mouth to answer but closes it when Yara snaps her head in our direction for a moment. 

She looks at us. Warningly. And then returns to talking to her guard. 

"We blow the fucking place up." She whispers back. 

"We did that with the underwater base," I say, "And the motel basically. Both times somebody died."

"Technically Stone didn't die."

"Doesn't take away how catastrophic it was." I shrug. 

"Doesn't matter," Faith shakes her head, "Bombs were already apart of my original plan and it's too late to change that."