30 | Stick To The Plan

•°

•°. *࿐

I THINK I can finally admit that I'm in love with Liza. I guess there was always a sneaking suspicion, but recently, the word hasn't become a blur in my head whenever I think about it. Instead, it's there. Loud and booming. 

Still though, love doesn't seem to be the appropriate adjective to describe my feelings for her. Everything I felt for her so long ago seemed complicated, unique, and as broad as the world. The phrase seemed too little, overused, too simplistic. 

When you love someone, they merge with your identity. They are there in all that you do. They are what you consume, they are the air you breathe and the blood in your veins. Their voice, touch, and thoughts linger in your head long after they have left you. You pray for their dreams since both their happy and bad dreams are familiar to you.

Liza, in a way, is completely me. Engraved. Permanent. Forever there. 

In highschool (the very short time I spent in it), crushes and attraction seemed more like an abnormality. I knew Hailee Steinfeld was hot. That I felt more seeing girls in the media than boys. That there was no point picking between two hot-vampire-brothers because the girl choosing looked better than the both of them. 

People desiring to be near someone because they are attractive has always seemed so absurd to me. The power of a glance has been misused in love stories so much that people no longer believe in its effectiveness. Fewer people today are willing to assert that two beings have fallen in love only through eye contact. 

Then some mean girl who was meant to be showing me around introduced myself and I realised that, yeah, attraction really is that simple. 

The issue with attraction however, is that one never knows whether it will be reciprocated. But, this is the only way that love can begin, and it always does.

So boom. Confession. Responsibility. I love Liza. She just doesn't really know it yet. And do I plan on telling her? Haha. Nope. Fuck that. Too much to lose. 

"Make sure you don't stab your fucking tit." Eka raises a brow at me as I slip a dagger into my bra. 

"I've been putting them here for years, I know how to handle it." I roll my eyes. 

"You sure? Because you almost got bodied by Stone according to Liza and you keep on saying you're invincible?" Eka raises her brows, crossing her arms. 

I turn to Liza, a look of pure betrayal across my face.

"But you were getting your ass beat!" She exclaims. 

"You didn't have to tell Eka of all people, she's going to hold this against me forever!"

"That I am." Eka nods.

"Even if everyone's about to die?" I pout, "And during one of our last moments, you were making fun of me?"

"That's so me though, I can't lie and say I'd have it any other way." Eka shrugs, a grin on her face.