13 | For Caring

•°

•°. *࿐

MAX AND NORA returned from Karate in their white uniform, white belts around their waist, and drink bottles in hand that seem un-drinked considering their red faces.

They don't notice me or Jake. They plunge into the living room, drop their bags, and lie down on the ground in unison. 

They are also, opposites.

Nora has short black hair trimmed into a wolf cut, red accents all throughout the black. She wears a septum piercing and has thin eye liner flicking out from the corner of her eyes. 

Max on the other hand, has sandy blond hair and hazel brown eyes. Nothing else. Nothing much. Nothing bad. 

"Hey kiddos, we have some guests over." Xavier smiles softly at the his kids lying on the ground. 

"Hm?" Nora hums before looking up and making eye contact with me, Max with Jake. 

"Hi." I say. 

"Hello?" She sounds confused.

"This is Eka, and Jake." Xavier introduces us. 

"Hi," Max stands before shaking our hands, "I'm Max."

"I know." I say quickly. "And you're Nora." I look to the edgy girl. 

"Are we...in trouble?" Nora asks warily. 

"Why would you be in trouble?" I tilt my head.

"We're not the most disciplined kids-"

"Don't tell them that, you're fessing up." Max crosses his arms as he interrupts Nora. 

"Right," She winces before facing me again, "No reason. We're perfect."

I chuckle, "Don't worry. I'm sure you can't be worse than me." 

Max faces Jake, "Then what about him?"

"I'm from the south side." Is all Jake has to say before they're nodding. 

"So, who exactly are you?" Nora asks after a moment. 

"I guess...I'm your sister?" I squint my eyes slightly when saying it. It feels weird on my tongue. Like it couldn't be true even though by every legal and biological factor it is. 

Max blinks. 

Nora freezes. 

"Huh?"

Nora turns to Xavier, "You had a secret love child this entire time?!"

"What?! No! Nora, this is Irene's daughter." Xavier crosses his arms as if offended by her assumptions. 

Nora turns to me, "You're my half sister?"

I nod.

"How old are you?"

"Nineteen very soon." I answer.