12 | A Normal Person

•°

•°. *࿐

ROWAN OF ALL people still tends to me. It's like they assigned him as my keeper or whatever specifically because they know he pisses me off. 

It's terrible. 

Then again I guess they're good thinkers because of it. 

"You uh...you want like antibiotics or something?" Rowan asks me. 

Alyona's set out to do something. I don't know what. Liza left a while ago with Irons. They didn't tell me. I'm still locked up in the back - but I hear everything. If I didn't hear anything I might go insane. 

"Antibiotics?" I repeat. 

"Yeah for your, like, body. Look at you." 

"I can't fucking look at me, I'm tied to a chair." I bite. 

"Yeah, I can see that." Rowan grins, walking further into the room and closing the door behind him. 

"Oh, god." I groan when he takes a seat on the ground in front of me.

"Jesus, what gives man? I haven't done shit to you." He mutters, pulling out...a puzzle board. He's pulling out a puzzle board and laying it out in front of me. 

"What are you doing?" I ask. 

"I'm doing this puzzle." He says nonchalantly, head down and focusing on the pieces. 

"Why would you-" I cut myself off and just stop bothering. The reason literally doesn't matter. Nothing matters anymore. 

"...so what is it?" I ask despite myself. 

"Denji from Chainsaw Man." He responds. 

"Who from what now?"

"It's an anime about this guy who's kind of like a chainsaw." Rowan shrugs. 

"Wow I...I actually thought it was going to be a metaphor not...not a...so like he just turns into the object?" I find myself mildly interested. 

"No, the blades come out of his arms and forehead." Rowan answers. 

"Ouch." 

"Yeah, he loses a lot of blood."

And then everything is silent. I watch in silence as he rearranges the puzzle, flips pieces around, clicks them together. It's weirdly soothing. 

Take away the fact that I'm wounded and tied to a chair. At least Rowan ran water over my wounds and wiped the blood off. Even if he was told to just so Alyona could come in and paint me red in a different way. 

She's tried a lot of things. A lot. 

If I knew where my father was - if I knew anything about him - I definitely would have given it up by now. The things that Alyona comes up with are just...pure sadism