07 | Better

•°

•°. *࿐

"IF JAKE'S SAYING you have to tell me, you have to tell me." I cross my arms. 

"Okay, okay." Aly looks a little stressed, sitting on Jake's newly made bed and rubbing her hands across her face. 

"How bad could it be? You're here, you're fine-"

"Stone's dead." She says, the words barely above a whisper. She's not looking at me, face still in her hands.

I think my heart stops. Just for a fraction before I'm dead silent and not pleading. 

She finally looks at me, gaze cold and tired, "TK killed him." 

Where I thought my heart stopped, it is now frozen, "How is that possible?"

"He's a Romano. His father told him to kill, he did." Aly waves a frustrated hand, standing up and fully facing me. "And I don't care how close the two of you are, I am going to kill him." 

I can barely think, "How did you know it was him?"

"I watched it happen." Aly's frustration seeps into sadness. 

"Does that mean TK's been a spy since he came to Sullivan High? That his parents don't actually own that restaurant and it was a ploy?" I ask. 

"Obviously," Alyona huffs, "And that's why Eka and Jake must have suspected him. He's probably been keeping a close eye on you under his father's orders, just like he did with me at Sullivan High." 

"Fuck." I groan, feeling stupid. 

"It's fine, you're lucky I came in to kill him the same time they were trying to kill you." Aly walks closer to me, trying to offer a contempt smile. 

"I'm sorry," I whisper, "I'm sorry you had to see that, I'm sorry I...what about your father?"

"Excuse me?" Aly's expression quickly changes at my switch up. 

"Your father. Is he still working with the Romano's? Will he be a problem again as well?"

She squints at me confused before something seems to hit her, "Ooooh, you mean Ivan." 

"Who else?"

"He's dead."

"...what?"

"Faith and I tag teamed him." She shrugs. 

"Y-you killed him? A-and he's just gone?" I stutter in surprise. 

"Yeah," She smiles, "Oh! And I'm kind of like...I don't know what to call it - but I've been fused with like snake DNA or something by my father and I can regenerate pretty quickly. I can also turn my adrenaline on and off on command so I can get stronger when I need to." 

I laugh. I actually laugh. 

I punch her in the shoulder, "Totally." 

Aly frowns and shakes her head, "It's a good joke but it's true."