•Chapter 23•

"All right, class! The second-term midterms are just two weeks away! The time had come at last to surpass the A class! Let's go into this red-hot! Hot! Hot!" Koro-sensei was way too hyped.

"That's too hot!"

There was five months left until Koro-sensei's assassination deadline, and we were growing more and more impatient

••••••••••••••
After saying goodbye to dad, I grabbed Ai's hand and walked her to school. Like I said he's been home more often and looks less stressed, still scary but less stressed. He even cooked this morning because he had time. I was so used to him being busy and now he's home more often.

It's odd, but I guess it's okay.

Nagisa had invited me to go parkour with them on the way to school but I had to drop Aimi at school so of course, I declined.

I had just dropped Ai off at school before her teacher told me the bad news. Matsukata-san was in the hospital, he had hurt his knee on his way to the school.

She told me he would be okay with enough rest, for at least two weeks.

But Koro-sensei forbade us from studying for the midterm and we had to help at Ai's Cram school.

I don't have a very good feeling about this.

•••••••••••••
"Okay, children! Listen up, Principal Matsukata had been hurt, so he can't work for a while."

"Whaaat?"
"He got hurt?"
"Poor Mr. Principal!"

"So instead, these young men and women will do anything we need for the next two weeks!"

"Okay!" Ai looked excited while I sent a wave to Sakura. She waved back at me before glaring at my classmates then looked to the side.

The kids had surrounded the e class...well us and Ai ran up to hug me."Y/n-nee"

Then she proceeded to do the same with Kayano and Nagisa.

"Red-kun!"Ai went to hug Karma, she looked more excited to see him than me like she had saved the best for last. Traitor

"How'd we wind up with collective responsibility when we had nothing to do with this?" Hazama complained, staring at the girls that were calling her a witch

"Sorry. It's all our fault." Terasaka apologized, completely ignoring the child chomping on his neck.

I held a kid in my arms since Ai wanted to be carried by Karma and this boy which was named Hiro said that he wanted me to carry him because Ai kept on boasting about how snuggly I was and he wanted to see for himself.

Well he was asleep now and he looked too cute to put down.

"We each got a sticky slap in the face too. He said he has to treat us all equally to keep things fair." Hara finished, patting a girl's head.

"Sorry about this"
"It's all right. We should have realized someone could get hurt." The kids were surprisingly having fun.

"Well, we can do some stealth studying at home. Two weeks of unpaid work as a condition for keeping the E class's secret? A small price to pay if it means we can claim that bounty." Takebayashi said with his pants down and being played with by two boys.

How do these kids have so much energy?

"So what exactly are you planning to do for us now? Barging in on us en masse....reckon you can least work off the oxygen you're consuming here?" I facepalmed.