Shadows

"About that...Is it ok if I give you my alt, my main one is kinda broken, so if I would get a notification from you I wouldn't notice."
She explained worriedly
"Oh yeah! It's alright, Minx, you would never have to explain yourself like that. Though I'm glad you did so I don't walk around thinking about it." You hesitated before putting your hand on hers for to show comfort
"Oh yeah, I trust you," she paused to pull up her phone "here's my insta." She showed you an account with 9.9k followers
"You're quite famous." You winked at her
"Yup, no biggie, right?"
"Nope, it's quite cool." You searched her user and followed her (with notification of course).
Wait if this is her alt-.. she probably doesn't want me to bring it up.

After you left her place you got a weird feeling in your gut. You turned your head to look behind you and to your displease, someone was walking shadily after you.

You kept on walking, still the same pace. You turned around and the person was gone. A wall was in your way and hit your head, hard.
The figure reappeared from behind a corner as you scractched your head where it hurt.
"Dude- a-are you okay?" The voice did not match the dark appearance.
You grunted in response
"I guess."
"Oh okay."

An eerie feeling was telling you something, but what?

This person was outgoing and shady, played their cards right, but for what? What was the goal?

The person jumped onto you, giving no time to react.
"Now you don't resist or it's going to be painful." A much rougher voice said, still not fitting the person straddling you.
The ground was hard and scraping up skin on arms and knees

Your knees were pressed against the ground, arms held tight.
You tried yelling but this person was one step ahead of you, putting a rag before your mouth.
Eww
It smelled weird and fighting for resistance was making you drowsy.

Everything was turned black after a moment.

Darkness.

Plain, darkness.

Only darkness.

And... a light?

A light, far away, something trying to fight, to shine brighter, to be seen!

When you walked to the light you started falling.

You fell and ...fell.

And you kept on falling.

Then it stopped.

Because you hit a surface, not a hard surface, not a soft surface.

Just a surface.

The light, it was still there, now closer.

It looked like.. a door?

An escape?

You took reached for the handle, the knob.
The feeling of holding the knob was..unreal?

You twisted it and walked through.

Strong lights, blinding your sight.

Your eyes weren't used to this much brightness and it took you a few seconds to refocus your eyes.

The first thing that came to your mind was
"Where am I?" Apparently you had said that out loud because a man appeared and answered your question.
"I don't know, but it's definitely not your hometown."
You took a moment to process this- this weird interaction
"Uhm-...O-K, is there food anywhere?" You rose to sit up, unknowingly.
"No idea mate. Might not wanna take a look around and lay down with those injuries."

You finally took a moment to look around.
Bright lamps, white walls, tiled floor, the bed you were currently in had metallbars and sheets with a colour of some weird dentist mask.

There were no windows and only one door, a wooden door.

The man who you'd been talking with, was lying in a bed next to you.

When you tried sitting up again, you realised you had bandages on your hands, as well as some pipes connected to your wrists leading to a plastic bag filled with something.

This looked like a hospital.

It hit you.

It is a hospital.

Then, weren't there supposed to be nurses looking after you?

The man spoke again
"I heard what ya'd been through. Must've been though." He stated, looking at the roof
You just listened, afraid to interrupt
"The nurses stated that you'd been lucky to be alive, and that you've been asleep for almost 2 weeks!"
"Oh.." You had to take in what he said

What had happened? You'd just been at Minx's.

What about mom?!
And the team?
Would you be kicked out?
What about Minx? Would she know you were in the hospital?

Then you looked to your bedside table because some colour caught your eye, the man next to you seemed to follow your gaze.

Big bouquets of flowers were placed onto your table, as well as cards and some chocolate, well something to keep you occupied.