9.

Arjun was pacing the hall to calm himself down after seeing what had happened just sometime ago.

Rudra gulped before saying "Dad, I-"

"Don't say a word now. Just DON'T." Arjun stopped him showing him his finger as his jaw tightened.

"Rudra you both are my kids but I never thought that YOU will bhehave like this with her. She has already gone through a lot of things. Tell me what was her fault in this? That she didn't take her driver with her. Don't you think sometimes all this over protectiveness and security suffocates her. Tell me how'd you feel if you didn't have any freedom to go anywhere to your own will. She just lost the way. It's not her fault. Because we never tell her. I'm so disappointed from you, Rudra." Arjun said to his son whose eyes were filled with only guilt.

"I'm sorry, dad." He apologized.

"Don't say anything to me. Apologise to her." He said taking a last glance at him before going upstairs to see his daughter.

He saw from outside as the door was a little open that  his daughter who was sleeping peacefully on her bed as Abhimaan sat near her on a chair while gazing at her with softened eyes.

He saw the care, love and protectiveness for her in his eyes downstairs. He was shocked himself that he was talking to her this softly.
And he can never forget how he stood up in the aniversary party when she coughed as if his life depends on her.

The adoration, care and love he saw in him for his daughter was enough to tell him that he will never hurt her.

He opened the door and that's when Abhimaan looked up at him. He stood up  as Arjun entered the room.

Bending down a little he kissed Arshita's forhead before gesturing him to come outside.

"Thank you, Abhimaan. I don't even want to imagine if you wouldn't have found her then what would have happened to her." Arjun sighed.

"It's alright, uncle." Abhimaan replied.

"I also want to ask you something. And be honest with me." Arjun said to him.

"What?" He asked.

"Do you like Arshita?"

His question shocked him to the core. Not even in his dreams he thought that her father would ask him this question.

Clearing his throat a little he answered truthfuly "Yes. I do. Even more than just like. "

He answered honestly staring into his eyes. Not even once his eyes showed any sign of dishonesty or lying.

"So you love her?" Arjun raised his eyebrow at him asking the question.

"Yes." He answered without any hesitation. He would never hesitate to accept his love for her. Even when she doesn't even like him.

"What made you do love her?" Arjun again asked.

And he swear that he felt like a fucking child giving his viva test to the strict teacher.

"There's not even a single thing that I don't love. She's the most innocent I've ever seen. Not only her beauty but her kindness, humbleness and purity is what I'm attracted to. Her heart, soul and thoughts are pure. She's just like sunshine who can just lighten up everyone's day. Like flower, so delicate and naive. How can someone not love her?"

He answered but Arjun noticed the way his eyes shone as he talks about her. As if she's the only world for him. He knnew that he was not saying his complete thoughts because he was her father. Overprotective father. But he knows that if anythings happens in future to her he'll die before letting her hurt. He'll be her shield and portect her life till his last breath.

BROWNOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara