4

"You've got a lot of explaining to do,"

Touya tried to run away, but no matter which way he went, he was faced with a wall, blocking his escape attempt.

You sighed as you felt your energy draining away from you.

"Relax kid, I'm not gonna rat you out,"

He relented, knowing that escape was improbable.

You struggled to get out of your chair, hobbling over to the little boy before crouching to his height.

"You're Touya Todoroki, aren't you? The one who was supposed to be dead?"

He winced at the last word, silently nodding.

"Well you seem very much alive to me, don't you think?"

"I-"

Heavy footsteps could be heard coming from the front door, and Touya looked at you in horror. Tears of fear threatened to spill from his eyes as he grabbed onto your shirt in desperation.

"That's him! You can't let him see me! I can't- he can't- he-"

You put your hands on his shoulders,
"Shhh, relax, I've got this,"

You let the fake walls vanish, instead using that energy to conceal the boy, making it seem as if he was invisible. It was just in time too, as the hero Endeavor approached you.

"What are you doing on the floor?"

You shrugged nervously,
"I fell?"

He clicked his tongue.
"Get up then. I don't pay you to laze around,"

"Yes, of course,"

You struggled to stand up, which he found a bit peculiar.

The little boy behind you tried to stay as quiet as possible, covering his mouth with his hand. You both watched as the pro hero walked into a room in which you were not allowed, staying there for about half an hour before exiting.

"I'll be taking my leave. Do not let me catch you slacking off again,"

"It won't happen again,"

And with that, he left.

You collapsed to the floor as the illusion surrounding Touya dissipated, making him visible once more. You'd spent a lot more energy than you normally did, first making an illusion of you leaving the house, then concealing you, then the fake walls, and then making the boy disappear.

But it wasn't time to rest yet, as you saw the boy hyperventilating, his eyes fixated on something in the distance that wasn't there.

"Touya? Touya? Are you alright?"

He was unresponsive.

You managed to get yourself up to his level, looking directly into his eyes.

"I know that was scary for you, and it's okay for you to be scared. I'll help you get through this,"

You noticed a slight change in his breathing, but it wasn't much.

"I want you to know that this will end soon. He's gone, and I'm not going to let him hurt you,"

He started to calm down more, but he was far from okay.

You gently held his hands,
"Okay buddy, I know this is hard, but I'm here for you,"

"Breathe with me,"

You exaggerated your breathes, taking slow half-deep ones, which he was able to match after a little bit. Soon enough his breathing was normal, and he collapsed on the ground on his behind, his back resting on the wall.