22

You slept surprisingly well despite the slim chance the child you picked up might've wanted to murder you, and woke up refreshed.

You checked on the child and found him to still be sleeping, so you got to work making a hefty breakfast. The boy didn't seem like he was about to die from not eating, but he definitely looked like he could use the food.

You rummaged through one of your bags and found a bottle of moisturizer one of your friends had given you, and decided it'd be a nice gift for the child.

The thought of him killing his whole family definitely wasn't a nice one, but he probably did it on accident, right? I mean with a quirk like that, it'd be pretty hard not to do something bad like that.

You'd also have to find a way to nullify his quirk. It'd be an awful thing for you to do, but with the amount of suffering he had been through it seemed like it'd be for the best. You just had to find someone who could take it from him.

When Tenko woke up, he was very confused. Where was he? Why was this bed so comfy? And what smelled so good? A few memories from the night before flashed in his mind, reminding him that a kind stranger had brought him here.

He hopped out of bed and walked over to the kitchen. His body ached, but being able to sleep somewhere other than the cold concrete definitely helped.

He sat down at the table and watched as you brought in plates of food.

"Good morning, little one. Did you sleep well last night?"

He nodded silently, his eyes going wide at all the food you were giving him. Was this really all for him? He wasn't sure when the last time he got a good meal was. He wasn't even quite sure how he survived so long on the streets.

"Go on, eat up,"

After waiting a few seconds to tell if he was dreaming or not, the little boy dug in, enjoying each bite of food.

Tears began to roll down his cheeks as he ate, but he didn't stop eating, the food was just too good! He never thought he'd meet someone kind enough to do this for him, yet here you were!

"I'm glad you feel comfortable enough not to wear your mask around me anymore,"

He dropped his fork. His mask! He forgot to put his mask on! He scrambled to cover his face with his shirt. What if his face scared you?! What if you turned away from him like all the others?!

"You don't need to hide your face from me, although I can go fetch your mask for you if you'd like,"

He peeked an eye out from his shirt,
"Y-you're not freaked out?"

You shook your head.

"You promise you won't kick me out if you see me?"

You crossed your heart with your finger,
"I promise,"

He slowly lowered his shirt until you could see his entire face. There were scars and his skin was very dry, but it was no reason to be horrified.

You cupped his cheek gently, smiling at him,
"There's no need to feel ashamed,"

He wanted to cry again. Why were you so nice?!

"Can...can I h-"

You hugged him, and he sobbed into your shirt. Maybe one day you'd meet a child who wasn't traumatized.

"There there little one, it's alright now,"

You heard him say something, although it was muffled by your shirt.

"Tenko,"

"Excuse me?"

"My name is Tenko..."

You stood up with the boy still in your arms,
"Well Tenko, I'm glad you can trust me. My names (f/n),"

The boy nodded, and took a while before he calmed down. You let the boy hop down to the ground, and he seemed a bit shy. After all, he did just cry like a baby right in front of you.

"Hey buddy, what do you think about getting some new clothes?"

He looked at the ones he was wearing. There were holes everywhere, old tear stains, and dirt. Yeah, he definitely needed a makeover.

He nodded silently.

"Well don't you just look dapper!"

The little boy blushed as you complimented the outfit he picked out. How nice of you to buy it all for him!

"It was good of you to pick out gloves too, now we can hold hands!"

He gazed at you with hope in his eyes,
"Really?!"

You nodded and he happily grabbed onto your hand. The boy had been severely deprived of affection ever since the you-know-what.

And so for the next few days, you and little Tenko would be a team. Both of you knew it would only be a temporary situation, but you were happy in each other's company.

One day you were holding the boy in your arms as you walked about the streets, dozens of people were out and about enjoying their Thursday. But you saw something familiar. That yellow hair, that insane height.

And he was getting closer to you

______________________
I have no idea what will happen next but your time with little Tenko is limited I'm sorry 😭