26

THE BABY________________________________

THE BABY
________________________________

As you approached the door, you had a decision to make. Would you announce your return? It'd definitely give you the attention you wanted, but it was pretty late at night, and you didn't want to wake the children.

Well it seems like it wasn't that hard of a choice after all.

You quietly opened the door, soon being surprised at the sight of Shoto on the floor.

His head rested gently on his pillow as he hugged his stuffed animal tightly, his blanket covered him comfortably as well. He looked pretty cozy besides the part that he was laying down on the floor.

You set your bags down and locked the door, then picking Shoto up from the floor. Still swaddled in his blanket, he slowly woke up.

The first thing he did was hug you, murmuring,
"Welcome back,"

You kissed the top of his head while you brought him to his room,
"Did you miss me?"

He quietly nodded.
"Mhm... I waited for you..."

You gently placed him on his bed,
"Well the wait's over now buddy, I'm home,"

He smiled peacefully as he drifted back off into sleep. It seemed like he'd been sleeping on the floor for a while waiting for you to get back. And it was freaking adorable.

"You're back!"

You felt the life get knocked out of you as the combined weight of a 13 year old and an 8 year old came crashing down on your body.

You hadn't even had your [whatever you drink in the morning] yet!

But they were both too enthusiastic at your return for you to be mad at them, and you returned the hugs you received.

"You little rascals!"

The two of them burst into laughter as you tickled them in retaliation for their earlier attack.

The laughter soon subsided as they sat beside you in your bed (you're still sleeping on the couch), and soon the eldest daughter arrived, a bit peeved at being awoken by her brothers loud laughter.

She was also happy to see you though, and also took a seat next to you, tiredly leaning her head on your side.

Soon the family pack was complete, with little Shoto taking his seat on your lap.

(From left to right on the couch it's: Natsuo, Touya, You, Shoto on your lap, Fuyumi).

"I missed you guys so much! I hope it wasn't too difficult without me here,"

"It was fine, before you were here, I was the one taking care of Natsuo and Shoto, so it wasn't too hard,"

You gave the girl a tight hug,
"Oh Fuyumi you're just so responsible! I knew I could depend on you! But don't worry, I'm gonna try to depend on you less, I don't want to rob you of your childhood,"