45

"...and so I've been taking care of them since then,"

You finished giving Rei a summary of your time with her children.

"Thank you for taking care of them when I couldn't, and when Enji wouldn't,"
She said his name with scorn.

"Mr. (Y/n)'s super fun, and he's never mean!"
Shoto added, giving you an approving nod.

Rei chuckled, missing how it felt to have the weight of her child on her,
"I'm glad that's the case, Shoto,"

You weren't so sure what any of this would mean for you. Rei seemed to be recovering faster now that she'd been reunited with her children, and at the rate she was going, she'd be able to raise them as well.

But where would that put you?

She was their mother, you weren't gonna try and replace her!

You would completely understand if your services wouldn't be needed anymore, but you were also hoping you'd be allowed to visit from time to time.

"Are you gonna move back in, mom?"
Touya asked the question the others didn't have the strength to.

She looked at the faces of her children, then out the window.
"I'm... not sure. The four of you have said that Enji has changed, but... I don't know if I can bear to see him,"

Shoto looked at his mother with disappointed eyes,
"So you're not coming back?"

Rei kissed his forehead,
"I didn't say that. It just might take a little bit of time before I do,"

He seemed satisfied with this answer, and looked at you to see your reaction. You gave him a smile, which reassured him that everything would be fine.

"I forgot to ask, just what is your quirk? I'd be surprised if Enji hired someone who wouldn't be able to put up a fight,"
She looked around you trying to see if you might've been using your quirk.

"Oh yeah, with my quirk I can..."
You concentrated for a bit, and soon glitter began raining down from the ceiling, and flowers bloomed around you.

"They aren't real. Sort of. They're kind of real, but only for as long as I can keep it up,"
You let out a deep exhale, the glitter and flowers disappearing as you did so.

"I think I've heard of someone who could do something like that before, but I heard they went vigilante before disappearing,"

You laughed nervously,
"What a coincidence!"

The two of you chatted for a bit longer, and she gave you a list of demands to give to the man she'd been forced to marry.

~•~

"So she doesn't want to see me, but she does want to stay married and live in the house,"

You nodded,
"She also wants the right to stop you from training any of the children,"

The man grumbled, not sure whether or not he'd go through with this.

But in the end, he agreed.

His son was alive, and he promised he'd change for him. Enji would make good on that promise.