27

As you finished setting up your couch-bed, you heart tiny footsteps approach.

"Dad! I drew you a picture!"

Shoto scurried up to you, holding a piece of paper behind his back excitedly.

"Really? Can I see?"

The little boy took a deep breath before proudly revealing his drawing, holding it up so you could get a proper look.

Using context clues, you were able to figure out it was a portrait of you. But something was a little bit... off?

"Did you give me wings in your drawing?"

He was glad you noticed that part,
"Yeah, like a dragon! Because dragons are cool and you are too! Do you like it?"

You immediately scooped the boy up into your arms, rubbing your cheek against his as you hugged him.

"Of course I like it! It's amazing! You're such a sweet little boy, Shoto!"

He giggled at your affection, your reaction was even better than what he'd hoped!

The little boy then yawned, because he was sleepy!

"Aww, is someone tired? Let's get you to your bed,"

He hugged onto you,
"No! I wanna sleep with you tonight!"

"Oh I'm sorry Shoto, but the couch isn't big enough for us both!"

The tired boy pouted before yawning once more. Maybe he'd find a way to get you to hug him to sleep, but until then, it was off to bed for him!

You carried the little boy to his room, tucking him into bed and leaving him with a goodnight kiss.

-• TRIGGER WARNING FOR THE NEXT PART: BLOOD, KEIGO IN PAIN•-

While the three living Todoroki's were at school, you took the 'dead' one outside to play with Keigo. I mean, what else were you gonna do? Touya was a fast learner, and you'd almost exhausted your supply of teaching materials! You'd need to make sure you'd be able to stretch that stuff out until the end of the school year, otherwise the boy would probably vegetate from boredom.

It's good to keep busy, even if that means having to learn or go to school.

You got to the park to find Keigo waiting patiently for his friend.

"Dabi! You're here!"

To be quite honest you had almost forgotten the fake name Touya had chosen for himself. You'd always get some weird looks from other adults whenever his fake name was said, but he didn't seem to mind, so you'd endure the awkwardness.

Touya ran to his friend and they began talking about whatever kids their aged talked about.

That was also another thing you noticed, for some reason, they acted a bit younger than their age when they were around you.

Was this because of their trauma? Was it because they felt safe with you? Or was it just that this was how kids acted these days?