33

You sat underneath a large tree which provided shade for you and the Todoroki children.

Shoto rested on your lap while Fuyumi and Natsuo leaned on your shoulders.

It was a peaceful experience, one which would end soon.

Right about now, Endeavor would be back in his house and be greeted by the son who he thought had died.

You were in a constant state of worry throughout the whole time. Would Touya be accepted? What if something goes wrong? What if Touya cracks and can't do it anymore? You wouldn't be there to help him!

Half an hour later you got a text. It was from Touya!

[Touya (son)]
You can come back now

With the kids following you, you made your way back to the Todoroki home. As you entered the house, you saw the large pro hero on his knees, hugging his son tightly.

Maybe he would change?

Once Enji noticed your presence, he quickly stood up and recomposed himself.

"You knew my son was alive, and you didn't think to tell me?"

Well he was definitely angry, that was for sure.

"Well I-"

He cut you off,
"Enough. Your services are no longer needed here,"

He handed you a fat stack of cash,
"Here's your severance package. You can pack up your things and leave now,"

'Oh okay f*ck you too then'

You thought to yourself as you quickly went to your room. It wasn't too hard to get everything packed up, but the saddest part was that no one was there to see you off.

It seemed like Enji didn't want his kids to interact with you further. After all, how could he trust you when you kept the knowledge of his son away from him?

You made it a few minutes away from the house before you heard a voice,
"Hey! Wait for me! Don't go yet!"

You turned around to find little Shoto running towards you as fast as he could while carrying his most prized possession, the art kit you'd gotten him.

When he got to you, he took a minute to catch his breath before speaking,
"I wanna go with you!"

A sigh left you as you smiled at his adorable act. You crouched down to the boy's height, ruffling his hair.

"I'm sorry kiddo, but I'm afraid I can't do that,"

He seemed shocked, though a part of him knew you'd answer like this.

"Why not? I don't want you to be gone!"

You gave the boy a hug as he cried into your shirt,
"You've got to be with your family- your siblings. I know your father's a piece of crap, but I think he'll change,"

He looked at you with concern,
"But what if he doesn't?! What if he's still mean?!"

You wiped away some of his tears,
"If he ever tries to hurt you, call for me. I'll be there,"

He nodded.

"Now, be a brave little boy and go home, alright? Even if I can't take care of you anymore, I'll still be thinking about you,"

"Okay..." the boy said defeatedly.

He gave you one last hug before running back home.

'GODDAMN THAT WAS SAD'

There was no way in hell you were going to go to your parents' house and tell them you got fired, nuh uh.

So you ended up going back to the familiar tall building, entering the elevator with a little bit of nervousness and grief stuck in the back of your mind.

When the doors opened and you stepped into the apartment, you were immediately greeted by the pro hero who owned the place.

Well greeted might be too kind of a word.

He wasn't expecting any visitors, so he had assumed you were some sort of intruder, and prepared to confront you accordingly.

You almost had a heart attack from the glare you received.

"Oh, (l/n)! What brings you here?"

You signaled for him to bend down, and you whispered into his ear.

"I GOT FIRED,"

He almost laughed. Almost.

"Papa (f/n)! You're here!"

Tenko quickly scurried over to you before jumping into your arms and hugging you tightly.

"Woah there, Tenko! You've gotten taller since I've last seen you,"

There were sparkles in his eyes,
"Really?!"

You nodded happily before pressing a kiss onto his forehead.

This would be your life now. An unemployed single(ish) father mooching off of the number one hero.

You'd miss the Todoroki's. You really would.

___________________
And that's the end of this book! Thank you all for sticking by and IM LYING THIS ISNT THE END THERE WILL BE MORE. Also I'm making a Chainsaw man book where you adopt Aki, Denji, and power instead of the denji mini-story, sorry 😭. It should be up by now BUT DONT FEEL PRESSURED TO READ IT OK GOODBYE