[2]

Waking up, you were unpleasantly greeted by the head maid staring over you with her hairy arms crossed accompanied with a disgusted look on her face. You only stared at her back with the same level of disgust and was thinking about insulting her, but you were not in the mood to cause an argument so early in the morning. 

“Go shower, the princess will arrive in an hour with the new employee.”

‘Finally..’

Your plan could finally start. You would befriend this random person and somehow get revenge on everyone in the castle, whether that be destroying it or somehow putting all of the other kingdoms against it. You just promised yourself that you would make it happen.

As you got up, you thought about the endless possibilities you could do with more allies, but you would have to start off small for now. After all, a plan cannot be put in place without some sort of head start. Taking out your old maid uniform from one of the rusty drawers, the handmaid let you out of your cell and followed you to the restroom.

Anyone who woke you up in the morning always had to check and make sure you didn’t run away, but even if you did manage to somehow escape, you would be surrounded by guards in mere minutes. Guards were everywhere in the castle so it would be nearly impossible to escape without some sort of thought out plan. 

After the head maid made sure you went into the restroom, she notified a nearby guard that you were in there and quickly ran into the kitchen to make preparations for the princess and new guest. She always wanted to make sure the place was spotless before anyone rich showed up, which ticked the other maids and butlers off since she would take her anger out on them whenever something wouldn’t go right. 

Whenever one of the maids would get yelled at, you would feel bad, but not that much. Only a little, after all, they were your enemies too.

After your bath, you slid on your uniform slowly, making sure to take your time and walked out of the room. You didn’t bother putting much effort into your clothing, but you still made sure your hair looked nice. Even though you would be dying in three months, you still loved your hair and wanted to take care of it. 

When you got to the kitchen where all the maids were, it was pure chaos. Maids were running everywhere with boxes and cleaning supplies in their hands, butlers were taking out trays of food, chefs were cooking in an inhumane paste, and the head maid was making sure all of the decorations were perfectly in place. It annoyed you since everyone was making a big deal so early in the morning for two merely peasants. 

The princess wasn’t a peasant in everyone else's eyes, but she sure was in yours. 

As you walked in, the head maid noticed you immediately and quickly replaced her panicked expression into a look of annoyance and disgust. 

“How dare you take your time! Did you forget that the princess is arriving in mere minutes?!”

“I didn’t forget, I just happened to run into some trouble on the way here, that’s all.”

The maid didn’t buy your lie, in fact, this made her even more furious as she quickly ran over to you and was ready to yell in your face about how you should show some manners and respect. 

You honestly didn’t care and wanted to sit down and have your morning tea time like you did back then, but it seems that those days are over. You would’ve treasured those moments more back then if you knew that you would eventually be stuck in a idiotic situation like this. 

When the head maid finally reached your slightly taller figure, you just stood tall and straight, not afraid of her yelling or threatening gestures. You already got punished for breaking that plate yesterday so what would be the difference if you made another mistake today? She can’t kill you since that would be against the princess’s orders.