[16]

You were dreaming again.

The reason why you knew you were dreaming was because you were in the same purple dress and you were holding that weird doll. 

You threw it on the ground and started looking around. It was the same dark void again…

For some reason, you didn’t feel as scared as you did before since the doll only seemed like a piece of garbage to you now. 

Now that you knew you would eventually wake up, you showed no fear as you looked around.

Feeling a hand on your shoulder, you looked over and saw Akuto. It seems that he was in your dream for some reason too. 

“I guess we're in the same dream, huh.”

Akuto only turned to you with the same emotionless expression. 

“I guess so.”

You almost choked on your spit. 

He just said three words without making a single mistake!! Was this real??
“You spoke???”

He nodded his head accompanied by a small sound
“Hm.”

You put your hands on his shoulder and started babbling stuff to him he didn’t understand. You were genuinely proud that he was able to talk without making any mistakes, even though you knew this was just a dream.

Before you could finish, Akuto interrupted you. 

“Why are we on a carriage?”

“I guess we’re going to Prince Kurai’s castle. The person you just saw was his butler..”

Akuto’s face got dark as he looked at the ground. 

“Oh..”

“Well that doesn’t matter! We’re finally out of that dreadful castle!”

You started walking around in the dark void, exhibiting your excitement. Akuto just watched quietly. 

“Anyway, what are you doing here? I thought this was just my dream..”

“I don’t know..”

Akuto looked at the doll on the floor and then at the dress you were wearing. The dress was pretty but the doll made him slightly uncomfortable. 

Suddenly a question that he's been meaning to ask you popped up in his mind.

“Y/n, do you like Prince Kurai?”
“What?”
You looked over at him in disbelief. Of course you didn’t!

“No, of course not.”

Akuto walked closer to you. He looked a little worried, but he still held his expressionless face. 

“Then.. Do you like me?”

“Miss Y/n, we will be arriving at the castle very soon.”

You slowly opened your eyes, adjusting to the sudden sunlight. 

You replayed everything that happened in the dream over and over, but the weird thing was, you couldn’t remember the last thing that Akuto said..

Looking over to your left, you saw Akuto still taking a nap on your shoulder. You both were somehow holding hands, so you moved your hand away from his and gently pushed him in the opposite direction. You then saw a little light seeping through the curtains in the carriage which meant that it was most likely morning.

Remembering what the butler said when you woke up, you went over to the front of the carriage and opened the curtain that was separating the both of you.