[10]

!Warnings before this chapter!
-Blood
-Violence
-Slight signs of molestation
---

Akuto glanced at you as he noticed that you had fallen asleep. He had been thinking earlier, about how he was told to get out of the room by Prince Kurai. He was offended of course, but the worse thing is he was forcefully stripped from your side for that short time period. 

Akuto didn’t want to leave your side at all. The only time he was okay with leaving was only when it was time for you both to go back to your chambers, but even so, he still didn’t like it.

Akuto laid his head on your back as he thought about how he had gotten here in the first place. 

It hurt his head thinking about it, but it was all he would think about day and night. His mother..

It wasn’t much, but Akuto grew up in a small village. Although he wasn’t rich, he wasn’t necessarily poor either. He lived comfortably and his parents didn’t have to work as hard as the other families in the neighborhood. 

Akuto, like now, didn't speak. He could speak if he tried to, but he just didn’t want to. Maybe it was because he had trouble with his hearing?? Even his biological parents didn’t know what was wrong with him. 

Akuto was always alone and preferred to play by himself when it came to the kids in his village. He wanted to make friends, but he found it difficult since all the kids would stay away from him because of his peculiarity. They would call him weird or avoid him due to him not speaking. 

He eventually came to accept that he won’t be making friends any time soon, so he decided to stick with his parents instead. His father was the serious type, but he still showed his love towards his family in different ways. 

His mother on the other hand was gentle and always cared for Akuto and never once asked for him to do anything against his wishes. 

But Akuto knew. This family was just as odd as him. His father’s job was anonymous while his mother kept many secrets. What were they? Akuto knew, but he didn’t tell anyone. He kept it all to himself. Why would he tell anyone anyway? It wasn’t his business. 

Akuto watched his father as he put a hand on his head in a stressful manner. His father, ‘Lamont’, had just opened a letter that was delivered personally by one of the royal guards. 

Akuto knew his father was caught up in some sketchy stuff with his job which was why he never looked through his things, but now he was actually curious about what he could be so stressed about.

Akuto put his toy car down as he walked over to his father and gently tugged on his shirt. 

Lamont snapped out of his thoughts as he looked at his son. How long has it been since he actually played with him? Asking this question in his head, Lamont started feeling the guilt piling up on him. He had gotten so into his job that he had forgotten about spending time with his family…

Lamont got up from his chair and picked up Akuto, exhibiting a small smile on his face. 

“How about we go outside and play catch?”

Akuto nodded excitingly as Lamont walked outside with his son in his arms. 

Now where was Akuto’s mother you ask? She was in her husband's office organizing some of his books. She didn’t know about her husband's job and she didn’t question it, but she knew deep down that it was something very important which is why she always asked permission if she could go into his office. 

She didn’t bother asking him since she had many secrets herself, so if he didn’t ask her anything, why should she? A relationship should include two people having their own personal space and secrets, right?