[3]

It was odd.. You were nervous for some reason. You weren’t nervous when you met your fiance for the first time or when you had to go to important gatherings, so why..? 

You tried to shake off the nervous feeling in your stomach, but it still lingered there as if it was refusing to go away. 

Time felt like it was going by slower and slower as you heard each footstep approaching the door, each one done with perfect calculation and each one sounding quiet and not too loud as if they were trying to be as quiet as possible. 

Finally hearing the doorknob slowly turn, you stood up straight and pushed away the feeling of nervousness trying to make yourself look somewhat confident and mature. You didn’t want your new ‘assistant’ to get uncomfortable right when he meets you since he most likely already had a bad impression of you based on what your sister told him. 

When the door creaked open, you were faced with the same boy you saw a few hours ago, except you could actually see a little of his face. He was still looking down, but you could still see some of his facial features. 

He looked pretty tired since he had slight baggage and he had really dark colored eyes that appeared almost black. This made it hard to tell whether they were dark gray or just a very dark shade of green. The boy was also unnaturally pale and was pretty skinny which most likely meant that he wasn’t eating all that well.

You also noticed that he was still in the same clothes you saw him that morning and his hair was a little messy, but you will admit, he looked pretty for a boy. 

His hands were still handcuffed and you started to wonder how he was going to eat in his state, but trying to push that thought away along with your nervousness, you decided to speak instead of staring at him. 

“Hello, I was wondering if you were hungry? I brought you your dinner..”
The boy only blankly stared at you in response which creeped you out a bit. He was also a little shorter than you, but you were always considered a tall woman ever since you were younger, so he was probably average height. Maybe inches shorter than your ex-fiance.

Seeing your height difference only reminded you why you always avoided wearing heels since it made you uncomfortable and you felt that men would judge if a woman is taller than them. 

After the mini staring contest, the boy moved to the side making room for you to enter into his room. 

You took that as an invitation to come in since he literally couldn’t hold the tray himself, so you walked in trying not to stare at his face too much. 

The room was quite small, but bigger than your cell. It was also really cold, but you soon realized why. The window was wide open and was letting all the night cold in. You shivered a bit when you felt a strong gust of wind brush against your face.

Setting the tray down on a nearby table, you turned to look at him only to notice that he hadn’t moved an inch since you entered the room. He stared at you as if he was waiting for you to say something.

This only made you shudder a little in return since it was already hard enough to tell what he was thinking with those eyes of his. You sighed a little, you were unlucky enough to get stuck with a weirdo. At this point you felt that the whole world was against you. 

Maybe you would have to face your doom in the next coming months after all. 

“Ok, i’ll be going now, let me know if you need anything.”

Quickly walking across the room, the only sentence that repeated in your head was, ‘Get out, quick!’ which didn’t help you at all since you felt like the more you walked, the further you got with the door and watched as the boy stared into your skull.