[23]

Akuto only stared blankly at the maid. It was just Wanda.

Even though he despised her, he knew you trusted her, so he should try to too. 

Wanda was wearing a butler’s uniform and had her hair tied back. In one of her hands, she was holding a lantern. 

Taking out a set of keys from one of her pockets, she set the lantern down and started putting each one in the door, trying to see which one fit the best. 

After a few minutes, she eventually heard a click, and the door opened.

“You’re Y/n’s friend, aren’t you?”
Slowly approaching Akuto like he was a cat, getting ready to run away, Akuto’s face grew darker. The question was, ‘Should he trust her..?’

She could’ve been the one who told Addalyn about your plans..

Bringing all the keys with her, she started putting each key in to unlock the chains. Only after the third attempt, a click heard, and the chains came loose. 

Akuto slowly stood up and touched his wrists. Now that he was free, he would finally be able to look for you.

Walking past a confused Wanda, he came out of his tiny cell and started looking around.

“Wait!”
Akuto looked at the younger female. What was it now?! If she tried to stop him, then he would surely dispose of her.

“We set up traps in some of the rooms, so please be careful. Also, watch out for the guards! They’re mostly on the other side of the castle right now, but I can’t guarantee that they didn’t come back.”

Akuto simply nodded and walked out. Finally, he would be able to see you again…

Running up the stairs, he ran through the hallways while being careful not to make too much noise. 

First, he would just need a weapon. Then, he could roam the halls freely without worrying about defending himself. 

He didn’t know much about where in the castle he was, but after wandering around for a bit, he eventually knew where he was. He recognized the place from when he walked through the castle with you and Addalyn. 

After making sure no one was around, Akuto walked into the kitchen and started searching. 

Since his knife got confiscated, he’ll just have to get another one…

“Thinking of stabbing someone? You’re way too bold.”
Hearing the sudden voice, the boy quickly turned around and was faced with the unnamed butler. Quickly grabbing a knife out of the drawers, Akuto swung at him, but missed.

“Calm down! I’m not here to stop you or anything!”
Akuto got into a defensive stance as he watched the unnamed butler’s every move.

The unnamed butler put his hands up and backed away slightly. 

“I came here because I was looking for you. Wanda told me you were probably going to look for Y/n first so I came here to help.”

Akuto didn’t believe him. Why would he want to help..?

Akuto held up the knife as he walked closer to the unnamed butler. 

He only backed up more as he grew a little nervous.

"I can promise you that no one told you about you and Y/n's whereabouts. They really did track the both of you down."

Akuto only ignored him as he approached closer.

“Uh...-I know where Y/n is..”

Akuto stopped. He knew?

He lowered his knife slightly as if signaling him to speak.