[17]

“Put this on.”

Mamoru gave Akuto a suit and showed him to a room. 

“Be quick.”

Closing the door, just like Kana, he waited outside for Akuto to finish.

Akuto only stared blankly at the suit Mamoru had given him. It had a tie on..

He now knew how to tie a tie since you showed him, but sometimes he would make mistakes here and there that would lead you to eventually fixing it for him. 

He was worried though since he didn’t want to make mistakes this time. 

Now that you weren’t in his sight, the only person available that would be able to fix his tie would be that butler. He didn’t want that, instead he wanted for you to fix it for him instead. 

Putting on the suit, he stood in front of the mirror and repeated the steps in his head over and over.

“Oh, Y/n…”

Addalyn sat at a chair crying into her hands. 

One of the maids was comforting her as she cried while Arthur was sending out guards to find you and Akuto. 

Having two criminals on the loose was unacceptable and dangerous. Addalyn recognized the carriage you were in. She knew it belonged to Prince Kurai’s.

There was a big problem though. Addalyn and Arthur both didn’t know where Prince Kurai’s kingdom was.

She knew it was really far away, but Kurai always prevented Arthur and anyone else from visiting his home which made him even more mysterious. 

She thought that having him over would make him more comfortable, but she wasn’t expecting for him to kidnap you. He also must’ve taken Akuto with him since he was also gone. 

It looked like there must have been a fight before Akuto was taken since his bed sheets were all over the floor and the door was left wide open. This made her worry whether Kurai was really a good person or not. 

What didn’t make it any better was she felt pretty odd after drinking that tea and eating the cake from yesterday. She felt pretty sick and had to sit down somewhere after she chased after you. 

Ugh, everything was going wrong and it was probably all her fault. 

After sending a bunch of guards out, Arthur walked over to Addalyn and sat next to her. 

He gave the maid a look that read ‘go away’ and the maid got the message and immediately ran out the door. 

“Addalyn.”
Addalyn slowly looked up at her fiance and wiped her tears away.

She let her guard down and gave you and Akuto too much freedom. Now she would surely have to face punishment by her mother and father. 

“We have to keep this a secret. We can’t let anyone or your parents know about this phenomenon.”

Addalyn slowly nodded and hesitantly laid her head on Arthur’s shoulder. Oh how much she loved him couldn’t be put into simple words. 

She never felt like this with anyone before since all the boys back at her hometown didn’t treat her nicely. 

Addalyn grew up in a poor neighborhood which meant that stealing was common. If you ever managed to get some food, people would try to steal it and this would eventually lead to bullying. 

Her parents never really paid attention to her since they were always worried about money or what they were going to eat the next day. Not Addalyn though. She only prayed that the next day they would be provided with food. She only waited and waited to see if some sort of miracle would eventually happen.