[26]

"...Kurai?"

"That's right!"

You rolled your eyes. So it really was him, but the main question was, were you hallucinating again...?
You turned around and walked away. You weren't going to look crazy in front of Akuto again.

Without warning, someone grabbed your arm.

"It's not polite to walk away from someone without excusing yourself."

You slapped his hand away. He touched you! So that means he's real, right....?

"Don't touch me!"

Akuto only gave him a glare while Kurai smiled.

As you looked at him a little more, you realized he was holding something. He also had different clothes on, but he still had his face paint and top hat on.

Realizing that you were looking at the object in his hands, Kurai widely smiled and held the object up.

"Oh! I forgot to show you. Lemme introduce you to my new friend."

Kurai made the object more visible by walking closer over to you to give you a better look. As soon as you saw what it was, you couldn't help but gasp and back away.

"Since I can't have the real you, I thought I could make a replacement instead. Although, the real you would be better if you're still willing to offer, of course."

There, Kurai held up the doll that you have been seeing in your dreams. There's it was in all its glory, it even had the same dress that you were wearing.

One thing confused you, though. Like in the dream, it had short hair. The hair also looked real, so it was actually your hair, where did the rest go?
Walking over to him, you grabbed him by the collar and held him up.

"You were the one who cut my hair, right?? Where's the rest of it?!"

You demanded and longed to know. What did he do with the rest of your hair?

"Oh, that's for me to keep. There's nothing to worry about."

'???'

"Anyways, for the main reason why I'm here. I wanted you to come with me."

Suddenly, you blinked, and your surroundings changed. The trees and grass were once again purple, and there were no longer any sounds of crickets or bugs in the air. It was just silent.

Akuto pulled you back as he watched everything change before his very eyes. Just what was going on?!

"What did you do?!"

Kurai walked closer as he widely smiled.

"Simple, I just brought you back to my home. Y/n, you're probably so tired that you dont even remember the whole trip that it took to get here."

That was clearly bull. You just blinked, and everything changed. He was trying to make you feel crazy!

Suddenly, you remembered about what Addalyn told you back at the castle. This place wasn't really real, was it??

"..Kurai."

The male looked at you fondly, as if giving you the 'ok' to continue. You only cringed at the way you said his name so calmly.

"Are you real...?"

---

"Give me back my doll!"

The two children fought over the doll as they tugged it back and forth. To be honest, if they kept this up, the doll would surely rip in half.