[12]

“You’re lost?”

You tried not to laugh. You knew he was new to the castle, but you never knew that your sister was so irresponsible. A host should always guide their guest and if they need to go somewhere, they should have someone escort them personally. 

“Well that’s not something you see everyday. A prince getting lost?”

“Could you please show me where the exit is? I’m supposed to be leaving soon.”

‘Leaving? Didn’t he just arrive a few hours ago??’

You furrowed your eyebrows.

Where was he even from? You’ve never heard of a prince with such a name..

“What kingdom are you exactly from..?”

The boy smiled a little as his eyes were half open which made him look tired. 

“So where exactly is the exit?”

“Don’t avoid my question!”

Before you could push it any further, he started walking past you, trying to escape. You started chasing after him of course because you really wanted to know who he really was!
Without warning, Kurai suddenly stopped which almost made you bump into him. 

“I’ll tell you the next time we meet. Where is the exit?”

At this point, you were concerned. He was acting really sketchy and seemed more panicked than before. He was also starting to sweat which you knew was due to nervousness because it was actually cold in the castle.  

“What are you hiding..?”
He didn’t say anything, he just looked to the side, once again avoiding your question. 

You knew that no matter how much you pushed your questions, he wouldn’t answer any of them. 

Putting your hand on your head in a stressed manner, you wondered if dying would be the better choice at this point..

“..I see how it is..let’s go.”

Kurai was honestly surprised that you didn’t ask more questions and just went with it. Fixing his large hat, he smiled and chased after you.

He was glad that you weren’t so pushy with wanting to know the truth like the others were.

“Ms. Y/n, isn’t it hard being such a beauty?”

‘Here he goes with all these odd questions, yet he can’t even answer mine…’

Finally, you both reached the main area. You were expecting it to be peaceful and quiet, but it was quite the opposite since Addalyn was talking to some of the maids in a distressed manner while Arthur watched her as he leaned against a wall with his arms crossed. 

After looking around, you saw that Akuto was standing by one of the doors. After seeing you, he ran up to you excitedly and stood in front of you, probably forgetting about the incident that occurred about an hour ago. 

But after seeing Kurai, he glared at him and took a hold of your sleeve. 

The moment you saw him, you recalled the events that happened almost an hour ago. 

“You…”

You tried not to get embarrassed as you sent a death glare his way. 

“I’ll deal with you later..”

Akuto didn’t seem intimidated by your threat, he just continued to glare at Kurai. 

“Oh! Prince Kurai, where have you been?!”
Addalyn ran up to the three of you as her panicked state turned into a look of concern.