[29]

Wanda and Toshihiro listened to the voices on the other side of the wall. Wanda didn't recognize the female voice, but Toshihiro did. After all, he's served this woman a few times before.

"B-but, m'lady.. Prince Arthur asked them to be guarded until further notice."

"Does it look like I care? Also, my rank is way higher than Arthur's!~"

It was quiet for a few seconds. Maybe the guard was thinking about what the woman said.

"A-alright.."

Suddenly, Wanda and Toshihiro began to hear the heavy door on the other side of the room unlock. Wanda celebrated while Toshihiro sighed out in relief. Finally...

"Excuse me."

The guard immediately moved out the way and let Aunt Mary, though.

"Come on, let's go!"

"But, m'lady!"

Without another word, Aunt Mary held her hand out and gave the guard a warning glare. The guard immediately understood and handed the woman the keys without asking any questions.

Aunt Marie only smiled as she took the keys and walked straight to Toshihiro's cell.

"I haven't seen you in a while. How have you been?"

"I guess I could be doing better.."

Aunt Marie laughed as she finally unlocked the door and started walking towards the door to leave.

"Um...?"

"Miss, you forgot about Wanda."

"I'm sorry, who?- Oh!"

Aunt Marie walked towards Wanda's cell and unlocked it with another key.

"Hehe, sorry. I didn't see you."

Wanda could only nod. To be honest, she wasn't a big fan of this lady at all...

---

"Keep looking!!"

Arthur screamed at the guards as they frantically kept looking for you and Akuto.

Arthur was growing more irritated and impatient by the second. Where were you?!

Putting a hand on his head, he held it there for a while. He was starting to get a headache from this whole mess. If only he hadn't proposed to you in the first place.

This all wouldn't have happened...

Getting back on his horse, he decided he would go back to the castle to question that Maid that helped you escape. He would also report to the Queen about the current situation.

Riding off in the direction of the castle, he couldn't help but think about you and Addalyn along the way.

---

"Come on, let's go."

Akuto didn't hesitate and followed you. Before you would leave, you will find your allies and burn this place to the ground.

You honestly didn't care anymore. You were going to burn the place with everyone else in it.

Why wouldn't you? Feeling bad for your mother would be pathetic since she was going to cremate you alive.

Your father was also stubborn. He obviously wouldn't be okay with this kind of behavior, but he also wouldn't want to leave your mother to die.

Suddenly, you remembered something, but before you could run in the direction of the cells you were previously in, you heard a voice from behind you.